Add manslaughter to the charges against Orangeman

President Donald Trump previously lobbied against a proposed bill requiring high-rise buildings, like Trump Tower, to install life-saving sprinkler systems. A fire in his 5th Avenue building Saturday, with no sprinklers present, left one person dead and multiple firefighters injured.

Then one of New York’s most prominent real estate developers, Trump in 1999 rang city officials to argue against proposed legislation that would have required high-rise landlords to install the systems following fatal high-rise fires in Brooklyn and Manhattan.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tower-fire-death-trump-143725845.html

1 Like

We don’t need no stinking regulations

Too bad the whole thing did not burn

1 Like

The disgust I feel for him is as boundless as the sea.

1 Like

According to friends, Brassner, 67, was in declining health and had been trying to sell his apartment since President Trump was elected. “He said, ‘This is getting untenable,’” Stephen Dwire, a musician and music producer who had been friends with Brassner since they were 14, told The New York Times. “It was like living in an armed camp. But when people heard it was a Trump building, he couldn’t give it away.” Brassner had purchased the unit in 1996, and he estimated in 2015 that it was worth $2.5 million.

Fire officials have not determined the cause of the blaze. Like other residential units in Trump Tower, Brassner’s apartment had a smoke detector but no sprinklers — Trump and other real estate developers had lobbied New York’s city council in 1999 against a proposal to retrofit older residential towers with sprinklers, arguing it would add $4 per square foot to the cost of an apartment, the Times says. Officials in then-Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s administration agreed that it would be too expensive.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/dcf7da5f-9d9e-3506-a561-403cb02d94f5/the-man-who-died-in-the-trump.html

Who the fuck would live on the 50th floor in a building with no sprinklers and pay millions

2.5 mil buys a fucking castle here including moots

1 Like

But would it say Trump all over it?

I don’t know, but he was trying to sell his place. Thanks to Trump’s popularity, he could not. Did he deserve to die?

I would consider anyone living on the 50th floor in Manhattan already dead - just me

BTW, 2.5 mil isn’t that much for a Manhattan apartment. Trump Tower must have some shitty apts.

Dennis Shields, a resident who said he lived on the 42nd floor, said there were no orders to evacuate. But he rushed outside after receiving a private text message from Trump’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen.

The pair grew up together, Shields said.

“He said, ‘Are you in the building?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘You better get out ASAP,’” Shields recalled. “That’s how I knew to get out, otherwise I’d still be in there.

A million six gets this where I live - imagine wot 2.5 gets

What does 100k get you?

Not being a smartass here

Just search on Allentown Pa real estate

This is exactly 100k

That looks depressing.

My gf’s grandfather has the place he bought for $50k a couple years ago up for sale… $150k… it’s on a nice piece of property that goes way back and includes one of the lots next to it.

This place was a wreck when he got it… he had it mostly done in 6 months… most of it himself too and he’s getting up there, probably pushing 80, guy’s hardcore…

2 Likes

That’s nice - really

But it was shit when he got it for $50k… :slight_smile:

I think it had set empty for awhile, pipes had all frozen and burst etc.