Almost 60k died last year

She took responsibility for her addiction, she didn’t use the blame game.

Huh?

1 Like

Never mind. You don’t get it.

JJ? :astonished:

1 Like

If your friend is such a super woman, how on earth did she become an addict?

That’s personal info and she didn’t succeed rehab the first time. It’s none of your damn business why she started using.

Not playing the “blame game” is the key to sccess? How the fuck did Donny Tinyhands become POTUS, then?

Derogatory terms such as Tiny hands is old and tired, like you.

You must be old and tired, too, then, since you just used derogatory terms to describe me, which is, according to you, old and tired.

1 Like

What’s the topic, drug addiction or Trump?

The “blame game.”

You claimed earlier that it is a personal failure, so I guess that means you surround yourself with failures.

How do you figure?
EDIT: never mind, I kept reading.

That’s not possible, since the conversation took place on a prior board that isn’t archived. However, several of us recall the conversation. In addition, I’ve had a few private conversations with him on the general topic.

Not sure what your problem is, really.

@LotusBud, I hope you don’t mind – since this thread has meandered a bit, I’m gonna start another one and try to focus on a specific characteristic of addiction.

1 Like

In Ohio, which filed a lawsuit last week accusing five drug companies of abetting the opioid epidemic, we estimate overdose deaths increased by more than 25 percent in 2016.

I guess Ohio didn’t get the “blame game” memo.

I wasn’t on that previous board but DM was very open about his addiction issues including giving me a lot of information when I was taking morphine because I was worried about addiction.

It was an experience he had, it wasn’t who he was, so talking about it isn’t speaking ill of DM the man @Epiphany

1 Like

He’s not here to defend himself, it’s in bad form.

What is it that he needs to “defend himself” against?

The guy had a rough life, caught some bad breaks, and he still lived it like a fukkin BOSS, and he didn’t mind talking about it among friends.

3 Likes

I appreciate your concern for DM, but really he was very open about some of the struggles he had in life. Your thinking sort of mirrors one of the things I grew to like about him over the years, as this board and it’s previous iterations began as a sort of Troll House, which included at various times a lot of the old Lib vs. con. bickering which would often deteriorate into name calling(I was as bad at this as anyone, probably) I don’t recall DM ever resorting to that, he could be funny as hell and he wasn’t above “trolling” but he just didn’t make it personal.

2 Likes

Yes. Everything said in 57 and 58, plus the fact that I was not speaking ill of him in any way, shape, or form. I will always have nothing but fond memories of a decent human being who got a really rotten deal in the end.

2 Likes