Ambergris

Now that whole thing about Hannibal Lecter and the movie got me thinking about Ambergris and where to get an authentic cologne made with Ambergris. It’s an expensive stuff since there are certain prohibitions on it’s harvesting, but I was wondering if any of you here posters have a product you are experienced with and like.
Mine, of course, is a synthetic purchased at a favorite botánica in Paterson. NJ. Yet even it is heavenly when judiciously applied.

Some ppl were talking yesterday about so-called “natural” vanilla in yer ice cream. Made me think of ambergris.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/02/vanilla-flavored-processed-foods.aspx

1 Like

Only girly Men use cologne.:grin:

2 Likes

I only use a scented moisturizing bar:

Each Peach by Lush

Fresh ingredients
Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) Fragrance Avocado Butter (Persea Gratissima) Mango Kernel Butter (Mangifera Indica) Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis) Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi) Safflower Flower (Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Flower Extract) *Citral *Geraniol *Citronellol *Limonene *Linalool *Occurs naturally in essential oils

I’ve never used cologne, only essential oils. If you see one of those listed in the article that you think would be worth a go let me know. I thought the Yves St Laurent one sounded good, of course it’s really the scent I’m after, not so much the sound.

PS: You’re trying waaay too hard now, Spoon. Quit yer flailing and things will go easier on you. You’re beginning ( :roll_eyes: ) to look hopelessly foolish and PWnT.