America's ten worst neighborhoods

Every Brazilian wish

That dish on the right, BD6 would love To have that for his microwave

1 Like

For a long time that has been a symbol of Brazil

They were compared to food plates

One is turned up, the other is down

To show that 1/2 had what to eat and the other 1/2 starved

Pretty good. The conservatives here in the US want to stuff the 99% under that overturned one

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard from many people that there are places you should not go in America. Thatā€™s not true?

I grew up in the ghetto and at least half of this town is like the south side of Chicagoā€¦ Iā€™m good in about any hoodā€¦ :slight_smile:

If youā€™re not causing any problems, being a douche, etc. you shouldnā€™t have any problems. Most of the hood crime is over money, drugs, stealing from each other and snitching etc. If you arenā€™t involved you probably donā€™t have anything to worry about especially just driving through somewhere.

Sorry for the ignorance Billdo, but itā€™s not the impression us out of towners are given about certain American suburbs, which I have heard from Libs and Cons alike. Hell, I found Flynt Michigan scary and we avoided Detroit altogether because of warnings from fellow Canadians.

I just know that there is no part of Vancouver that I would be too scared to walk in alone at night.

I went to the ghetto numerous times to buy weed, I never really had a problem

Of course, I always went during the day and always to the same place, the guys knew me and someone introduced me to them first

For a short time I lived in a ghetto in Newark, my cousinā€™s home was almost finished and he couldnā€™t put a lease on another year. He rented a house from this also Brazilian guy, dumb fuck built a 300k house in a black are because he had got the land cheap. He was struggling hard to keep up with the 2nd mortgage because nobody would be willing to live there. My cousin said it was for 3 months tops

It was a 2-family and the first was empty and a black family occupied the 2nd.

With exception of the noise upstairs all the time, we didnā€™t have a problem in the beginning.

When the guy came to collect the 1st month he had an argument with the people upstairs.

The month after that was absolute hell

The noise was absurd. One day the cops came and evicted the people upstairs. The landlord came one day and showed the apartment upstairs to us, it looked like a a dump. It wasnā€™t 6 months old and it was ruined. Everything was filthy. The bathroom was like it was never cleaned once. The dude was taking pics and holding his tears.

Couple weeks after that, there was nobody home and they broke into the building by the laundry window. They took all the electronics and what else they could carry.

We moved in the middle of the night to my cousinā€™s mother-in-law and a couple days after that I got a studio in Kearny.

South Central LA is sad. Itā€™s depressing because the poverty is so rampant. The crime is high, too. But I have been in and through it hundreds of times without witnessing any sort of violence. So, go figure.

The USA has been very, very good at destroying the middle class and creating more and more poverty in the last 40 years. All to make a few assfucks like Trump billionaires. And the rest of the worldā€™s CONs and neolibs are trying their best to follow suit.

2 Likes

A few years ago, when I was in London, I had a conversation with a student who was working at the London School of Economics dorms, where I was staying. He was of Middle Eastern descent. When I told him I was from LA, he was horrified. He wanted to know how I survived in such a violent, crime ridden city. He had seen a documentary and perceived LA as a war zone. The irony was not lost on me.

2 Likes

Yet this thread is about that very thingā€¦dangerous zones in the US.

Which one is right? I did not say South Central was ā€œdangerousā€ I said it was intimidating, largely due to the manifestation of social decay and despair. We donā€™t have such areas in Australiaā€¦although, of course, there are areas of low socio-economic concentration.

But there are no ā€œno go zonesā€, and people can pretty much travel anywhere without getting shot.

Oh, and just soā€™s ya knowā€¦Iā€™ve driven through a LOT of ā€œintimidating areasā€.

1 Like

Sounds like youā€™re easily intimidated snow-flake. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh, yeah.

In fact, I rarely go outside in case some progs are lurking nearby.

I sure as shit am in big American cities and Iā€™m not afraid to admit it. Iā€™m also not offended at being called a snowflake. Thatā€™s a term of endearment in Canada. :smile:

True. Iā€™ve walked around East St. Louis and Compton/South Central many times. Never had any problems. Whitey tends to shape his view of the ghetto from Hollywoodā€™s portrayal.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve heard that bogans are like that.

2 Likes

New Jersey and NYC are pretty challenging even for the natives. Possibly as a result of living there, they tend to be very thin-skinned and largely incapable of civil conversation.

1 Like

Miss you Comrade.

4 Likes

I am hoping this year to take a hike on the Sterling Forest Ridge that Nick had so enjoyed. Talked tonight at dinner of making that very sojourn.

1 Like

You really need to grow up, pal. 70 is age enough to get out-a-yer diapersā€¦
ā€¦Unless you need them anew.

Whichā€¦
ā€¦you might.