Beautiful Earth thread

Is this Costa Rica?

3 Likes

Yachats River Valley

2 Likes

Yes. You can tell because the fence posts become trees. Happens all over CR.

so they stick pieces of wood in the ground for fencing, and then they reanimate? Do the Russians know about this?

That’s interesting. Must be very fertile soil.

Yeah it’s strange. I live in the driest part of the country and it occurs here. You can stick just about anything in the ground, keep it wet, it will grow

1 Like

Sunset at the second Wave Coyote Buttes North, Paria Vermilion Cliffs, Wilderness, Arizona.

5 Likes

Mesa Arch, Utah. a half hour or so ago?

1 Like

I need to go back to Utah

I’ve never been. But now that I’m retiring…

1 Like

3 Likes

Cape Foulweather Lookout

2 Likes

From the Amanda Trail on top of Cape Perpetua looking north over Yachats to Waldport.

1 Like

A guy from Victoria, BC (Neil Dickie) may have the grand prize for the Oct. 31 blue halloween moon shot. He says, “A couple of kayakers pause to witness Halloween night’s full moon rising behind Mount Baker, taken from Cattle Point in Oak Bay. The lighting was tricky since the Moon rose 20 minutes after the sun set, but between the remnants of sunlight and the help of that bright moon, there was just enough light to illuminate the mountain.”

Oak Bay is at the south end of Vancouver Island, just east of Victoria on Puget Sound. I note that it’s almost due west of Mt. Vernon, WA.

4 Likes

That’s fantastic.

1 Like

I estimate it’s about ten miles of water, the land there being the south end of San Juan Island, and about ninety miles further to Mt. Baker.

1 Like

Is this for realz?

I have read this as fact before.

The Malheur is kind of deserty, doesn’t seem ideal for giant magic 'shrooms, but I don’t know everything. I’ll bing it later.