Billdo

Check out your old neighborhood::rofl:

Wha’s with the heat index bullshit

dats fucked up when they do that

Heat index lives matter. on the coast 70 degrees with 70% Humidity can sometimes feel “too warm” or “muggy” while an hour away over in “the valley” 70 degrees at 35 or 40% humidity is a cool but comfortable spring day. The extra moisture in the air acts like a heat conduit to yer precious bodily fluids an sich.

1 Like

Stop the presses

50 years ago no one even heard of it - how the fcuk did we make it

get back in yer tent

50 years ago you never took my cell phone calls.

1 Like

No yuo.

I recall a day in Houston, 35 years ago, when I was at a customer’s plant. The shop building was a pole barn structure without walls, just a high metal roof on poles. I was working on my equipment which he leased, drilling and grinding and sich.

In that shade with a bit of breeze, it felt like 84,85 degrees back home and I did drink a couple cans of Pepsi from the machine. After about 3 hours of that, one of the shop hands stopped by to shoot the shit, and took a second look at me…“Dude, you need to get in the fukin office NOW and drink a BUNCH of water and a couple salt tabs.”

And I was like WTF, I’m not even hot. That’s when I looked down at my arms and saw white crusty shit all over my skin. That was my only clue I’d been sweating like a pig.

When I walked over to the office I saw a thermometer on the bulletin board. The fukin temp was 118 degrees.

That’s what humidity is about. Yer sweat doesn’t evaporate and yer body can’t cool itself.

3 Likes

Sounds like you were on the brink of heat stroke. That’s terrible shit.

Point is, if I’d been woke I’d have been hydrating and salting and coulda kept it up all day.

I was like that working outside recently, it was 105 on an asphalt parking lot.