Cougar kills mountain biker

in Washinton state.

Cougar Kills Mountain Biker In Washington State, Injures Companion

A cougar attacked two mountain bikers in Washington state Saturday morning, killing one and seriously injuring the other man. The biker who was killed fled into the woods to get away from the cougar after the initial attack and the animal chased him down, officials said.

The cougar was found standing over the man’s body, reported USA Today, before it ran from wildlife officials.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/cougar-kills-mountain-biker-washington-042818032.html

1 Like

When i was a bit younger i used to dream about being chased by a cougar.

Sadly, I had a cousin who died like that.

1 Like

I was accosted by a cougar once, I insisted on buying my own drink.

1 Like

I always carry a sheath knife in addition to the folder when in cougar country.

PS: never try to run from an animal that is many times faster than you and prefers to attack from behind its prey.

Experts say people encountering the big cats in the wild should stop and pick up small children immediately. Because running and rapid movements can trigger the animal’s prey drive, people should not run. Instead they should face the cougar, speak firmly and slowly back away, appearing as large as possible by standing on a rock or stump or opening a sweatshirt or jacket.

People should also become more assertive if the cougar does not back off. If it does attack, people should fight back.

“The idea is to convince the cougar that you are not prey but a potential danger,” Washington state fish and wildlife .

My nephew was hiking at Grandma’s and he jumped off a ledge, landing right in front of a mountain lion. My nephew is tall and pretty solid. The lion took off. Whew.

1 Like

someones nephew tried to jump me so i threw a cougar at him.

Did he get a pic of the cougar? Because if not…you know.

Yeah. While he was face to face with a large predator, he said, “Hey, hang on a sec, would you?” took out his phone, and snapped a pic.

I just can’t remember where I saved it…

1 Like

They did everything RIGHT??

I missed the part where one of them whipped out his Marlin 1894 carbine loaded with .41 mag and double-tapped his kitty ass.

Oh yeah you posted that a while back, it was a selfie with him and the Mountain Kitty as i recall.

1 Like