Daily Stormer kicked out by GoDaddy

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea of fewer nazi websites, but I’m not sure I’m okay with domain registrars vetting or removing sites based on legal content.

That doesn’t sit right with me.

1 Like

They probably broke their web hosting terms of service.

1 Like

Maybe not… oh well… Google booted them too… :stuck_out_tongue:

Right wingers are going to file LOLsuits against Google and GoDaddy now, as if these companies didn’t consult their legal team first… man these guys are dumb.

1 Like

No one is required by law to host hate speech. I mean, what are Terms of Service for, anyway?

And why did Yahoo shut down the old boards in the first place?

By registering with GoDaddy people are agreeing to their terms of service. They can register their domain anywhere they choose but GoDaddy. GoDaddy specifically says:

*"You will not use this Site or the Services in a manner (as determined by GoDaddy in its sole and absolute discretion) that:

• Promotes, encourages or engages in terrorism, violence against people, animals, or property;"*

So good luck to them. There are slum registrars and providers out there they can register and host with.

3 Likes

One thing to note:

“Meanwhile, Cloudflare, a private firm that also provides internet services to The Daily Stormer, declined to say if it was looking at severing ties.”

Cloudflare isn’t a host or registrar. Why they would care is beyond me but I bet they love the free mention!

Cloudflare is sort of a host, they cache and serve out parts of your site for you if you use them.