Don Rickles: beat it ya hockey puck, yer ded!

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/don-rickles-legendary-insult-comic-dies-90-180015513.html

He never made me laugh. Not once.

1 Like

My husband and I were talking about him yesterday.

Weird.

My Dad thought for many years that he went to High School with Don Rickles, which he did, but not The Don Rickles, there was a Don Rickles at his school, that was active in Drama, and Radio and and Debate all the things you would expect a professional entertainer to be doing in High School, this guy even looked like the famous one. It was at I think the 50 year reunion dad asked an old friend, who said, nah, just a weird coincidence.

1 Like

I never liked him at all. His era had many good comics, he wasn’t one of them.

“Ran into a friend of mine the other day, he asked me how my wife was. I said compared to what?”
Henny Youngman

Rickles to Satan: Then make a DEAL!
Satan: What kind of deal?
Rickles: A DEAL, deal! Maybe the guy’s a Republican. “Business is business,” right?

Five Lionpoints for the source.

2 Likes

Rickles never appealed to me, either

2 Likes

Too bad that he was always so negative and insulting, he might have lived a long and prosperous life.

1 Like

Rickles was funny - and yer the one that tells me to get a sense of humor

GO FIGURE

1 Like

It doesn’t take much talent or intelligence to base your humor on insulting people. We have millions of Rickles types on the innernets.

How many of them were freq guests on Johnny Carson?

He was funny - end of story

1 Like

Clearly he was funny to some. To others, not at all.

He was funny

so let’s see - he made a good living as a comedy guy for 70 fucking years, hung out with all the stars, but was not funny

Ocrams razor dearie

1 Like

Yeah. Louis CK is making tons of money, hangs out with all the current stars, will be a comedian all his life, no doubt. Yet, I am sure millions of people don’t think he’s funny.

What is wrong with you? Have you never heard of the word “taste,” or of this concept: “different strokes”? You know how you hate sports, but billions of people love them, and sports stars get rich off of them?

Nah. Rickles was not funny. Period.

Occam’s razor has no shits to do with this.

Yeah. I’ll observe you more to take note of how to employ a sense of humor on the boards. Thanks for pointing it out. I never realized you were so appreciative of teh funnies.

I has a great sense of humor - how else would I know Rickles was funny

You do, for an opinionated, stubborn, judgmental, unbending old grouch.

Haha! You sound just like Don Rickles!

3 Likes