GOP Lawmaker: Lynch Anyone Who Takes Down Confederate Monuments

I think the Army was afraid of Chuck Norris so they called the invasion off

3 Likes

Put some of the statues in a civil war museum and tear the rest down…

1 Like

I have mixed feelings on this, and not because some of my ancestors were in the south. The whole episode is a part of our story our combined history, General Lee was recruited to lead the Federal Troops. In some ways seeing the statues come down reminds me of ISIS blowing up ancient artifacts. Because they don’t fit with their views.

1 Like

Ask the descendants of the slaves who got worked to death every day

there are no mixed feelings - fucking killing is justified to make sure they come down

2 Likes

What does that have to do with anything? New York has no such statues and did not take up arms against the US.

Also, I think your dates are skewed. New York abolished slavery in 1827.

Why do you the descendants of slaves want people to forget the time when the slave owners got their asses kicked?

1 Like

Because the statues are a source of pride for southern rednecks… not an historical reminder. Like Billdo said, put them in a civil war museum.

1 Like

Didn’t they get their asses kicked though? Where’s the pride in that?

They are not rational - they are still fighting the war in their minds

Go to Mississippi or Louisiana for a visit - may as well be a different planet

2 Likes

So if a bunch of dumbshit rednecks take pride in having their asses kicked we should remove historical monuments?

Doesn’t matter, as far as Six’s simplistic view goes all the slaves being emancipated were in the south.

Actually, come to think of it maybe they were. Slaves in the northern states were not really “slaves” under the LAW even though many northern blacks AND whites were de facto slaves. The entire century leading up to 1860 was far too nuanced for most Murkins to understand, where slavery is concerned.

That includes the plain FACT (*) that the civil war wasn’t just about slavery, as evidenced by the fact that even though the south had most of the good generals the north had more equipment and technology.

(*) In the antecedents of this forum any claimed FACT had to be accompanied by a photo, either cheesecake or beefcake.

Bullshit. Chattel slavery in New York ended in 1827.

It offends other folks - why the fuck should we cater to rednecks when it offends others - esp blacks

2 Likes

Yeah, I am just a simplistic dumfuck - I don’t know anything about what led to the civil war or the war itself

I have no idea about the 30 or 40 years before or after

Only you and fucking Lou know everything

1 Like

People getting offended by history in the present day is fucking stupid IMHO. You can be offended at people celebrating historical events in the present day but to take offence to something that has long since happened in a different day and age is ridiculous.

Sorry Duke.

So we should leave up monuments of institutionalized racism to cater to a bunch of dumbfucks… Oh and if history is so important, why did they wipe out over 99% of Native American history?

I say throw the shit in a museum and let BD6 write the words on the plaques.

Was it right to remove that history? If not, why is it okay to remove confederate history?

History forgotten is history repeated.

Just sayin’…

Apparently it was fine, but gawd forbid we take down some racist monuments or racist flag down from being displayed on gov. property…