GoT S7E6 Benjen in the Machine (or, Stark Foolishness is the Enemy) **SPOILERS**

So I’ve come to think the only reason Benjen went north of the wall in season 1 is so that the showrunners could play Mighty Mouse’s “Here I Come to Save The Day”.

And when did the Starks become so damned stupid? From Sansa’s lame approach about the letter to Arya’s refusal to consult the Boy Who Knows Everything regarding it, its like one of those sitcoms where if people were just open with each other there’d be no story line.

And of course Jon’s stupid “Let’s walk north of the wall to get a wight, we don’t need no steenking horses” excursion with Red Shirts and bromance conversations aplenty. I mentioned in last week’s thread that why the FUKK don’t they just take a dragon to see, if not just to convince Dany. I FUKKING SAID IT – GO, AND SEE.

Anyhow, One-eyed Jack lost his insurance policy, his next death will be his last. Dany’s brother Viserys was a rotten apple, and now his namesake Viserion is too. Dany ogled Jon’s chesticles and the stab wounds look a lot worse than they did the day he “got better”. Dany reminds Tyrion she can’t have children, Jorah mentions to Jon about “the children YOU will have”, so I guess Aunt Dany and Nephew Jon may not be a thing (ew), but Jorah might get his heart’s May-September desire (ew).

Wabbit’s last impressions: Jon’s as good at holding his breath as Jaime and Bronn are. The Night’s King has a ridiculous amount of high-quality winch chain in his back pocket. And seeing how the convo between Arya and Sansa ended, I think Arya does in fact know more than she is letting on, just my opinion.

I mean are the Army of the Dead bringing siege towers and catapults ala Sauron’s assault on Minas Tirith? Not common to just have that much chain lying around in such a desolate area. I really think Sansa is playing the 3D chess. We always seem to be impressed by her after the fact. Arya became a warrior but Sansa has learned how to play the Game of Thrones. That’s my guess. Plus Arya handed her the catspaw dagger with the pointy end facing Arya, not Sansa. I think there’s something to that.

I think Cersei IS plotting something but that card won’t be played at the dragonpit. She’ll use some kind of interpretation that allows her to attack if a truce is declared or say something like well Euron never agreed to that as he surprises them somewhere. Qyburn is a clever man, he sees the board well too. I like his character, really grown on me.

Night King. Dragon. Wall. Gone.

Good read: Interview w Rory McCann and how he injured himself filming the frozen lake scene

1 Like

From the above article

But when the Sydney Morning Herald asked if McCann had met Julius Hapfor Bjornsson—the muscle-bound Icelandic performer playing the Mountain these days—McCann responded: “I have met him, yes. He’s not that much taller than me. But if it kicks off, I’m still gonna be the Jack Russell and he’ll be the Rottweiler. Mind you, look at me now," he continued, pointing at his injured knee. “Guess I’d better start training.”

(Bjornsson is 6’9", McCann is “only” 6’6")

Moar good reading on all things Night King, White Walkers, Wights, zombies, White Walker dragons etc.and how to maybe kill them.

A recipe for yer season finale

2 Likes

@WitchKing

So there was the question of Gendry running back to Eastwatch, sending a raven, Dany getting said raven, and getting her bad self to come and rescue everyone… how did this happen so fast, it was like 2000 miles from Eastwatch to Dragonstone, that raven had to be seriously booking it…

it was pointed out that this is not all that outlandish, seeing as how the raven was unladen with coconuts …

1 Like

Oh the Gendry run, yeah that was absurd unless D&D gave us more night scenes on the rock in the lake. They said we were supposed to think 4 days went by.

Yeah, I suppose since they are trying to compress the story so much.

Maybe a crawl along the bottom that says “4 days later” in Valyrian, or something.

(come on, no rec for the Holy Grail reference above? :cry: )

YES, REC, just caught it!