Got to Go Face the Music Today

It could, I worked for a guy years ago that was robbing the owners blind, he had even earlier requested that he become a 1099 Employee like a contract Employee, so he had zero deductions taken out of his paycheck, nothing zero, after they fired him(once they realized he was ripping them off) he filed for unemployment, he jumped through hoops for a couple months and ended up getting it.

Sure - but yer still gona get the money

I worked in a shop where we had to be in at 6AM - be late 5 times in 3 months and you were fired - even fer a couple minutes

here the employer and the employee pay into the fund - but if the employer lays a lot off he has to pay a higher rate

Interesting…

A friend of mine kept his factory job for years using this method, plus he’s a pretty hard worker but he suffers from tell it how he sees it type shit too… Intimidate the candy asses in the office, make them scared to fire you, make them think you could blow a fuse at any second.

My brother has lost a lot of jobs this way, I had to tell him he was basically an asshole and he needed to tone it down if he wanted to keep a job. Problem is he’s one of the best IT guys around and seems to be aware of it.

His last 2 jobs he had at the same time both wanted him, so he went with the first to offer him a promotion and fulltime w benefits, and the other job begged him not to go. The loser in that was a customer service advisory (essentially training the millenials in the group how to not be assholes to customers) in a large chain, where he turned that branch from bottom 10% to top 5 (store, not percent) in the country. But they guy over him was a dick anyway and my bro was fine telling his bosses why he wouldn’t stay, for starters my bro shoulda been the one running shit.

So I guess he needed to hear “don’t be an asshole”.

Doc, if you’re listening, sorry it’s too late for you

A few years ago and guy here got in trouble for having a stuffed monkey hanging from a noose on his cubicle wall. A bunch of black employees complained to HR. He claimed it was a LA Angels rally monkey and he was just a big Dodgers fan, but the guy had a reputation of being a bit of a CON and a racist, so it didn’t fly.

2 Likes

I actually saw this work for one of my bosses -

He fucking watched his boss get out of the elevator across a hugh open floor

he ran down the back steps and told his Secretary to say he took the day off to play golf

he actually saved his fucking job because he was gona be the take the blame guy for spending 21 million dollars and never executing one line of code in production

His boss got fired about 3 hours later

he actually saved his job by running down the back steps - I saw this personally from not 5 feet away - I may have even been talking with him when it happened

2 Likes

Huh?

Nothing could be further from the truth, actually.

Actually in Pa anyone can be fired for almost any reason - pretty sure about that so I gotta go with L_B.
you can talk lawyers all you want - go call one when you get fired and see what happens

Here, if someone wants to hire their retarded nephew who has no job experience at all, they can just tell you to pack your things and go to make room for him. Especially if you are a non-tenured professor. Very few protections remain.

Not here. I know a guy who used to come to work every morning roaring drunk staggering around the office like a street bum and all they did was send him to rehab and counseling. They got something called an EAP here that all fukk ups get sent to before they can be terminated.

That must be your bank’s policy. It’s really not standard.

1 Like

When I was running a crew at a dealership I had this salesman that was generally a good guy, but he was a cancer, always bitching and complaining, I think he was bipolar, anyway I wanted to fire him because he was a bad seed, my boss told me to call HR, HR said, well build a case before you fire him, give some documented verbal and written warnings. etc Well the GM heard about it, (A Persian guy that liked me) He asked me what was going on I told him, he calls Mike in and fired him on the spot.

1 Like

Steve is good at firing people

You guys work for terrible companies. Why not just bring back the 80 hour a week $1 an hour America?

1 Like

Michelle Bachman sez that will bring us back to full employment.

2 Likes

I thought it was pre-law.

1 Like

I looked up an old college acquaintance the other day. In 38 years, he’s had 41 jobs, and he’s moron enough to list them all.

Yes, he was an obnoxious prick then, too.

1 Like