Guitar

They do make nice salad bowls if you cut the top off.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ll be keeping my tube screamerā€¦ like 16 years ago I sold a whole box of these guitar magazines for like $300 on ebay, now I see people wanting $25-$30 an issue for them.

Thanks! Iā€™ll check around to see what there is locally. I want to play it before I buy anything.

I just wanted to give you guys an update on what Iā€™ve done with your wonderful advice so far.

I have focused on doing chromatic scales (I think thatā€™s what itā€™s called) so I can get used to using my little finger more. I have worked on doing blues scales and jam with my husband using only those notes.

I have been working on transitioning between chords and I have learned a few more. I still havenā€™t got B or F down yet. :confused:

I got my hands on the Tabs app and have been playing a few songs again that I used to play like Yesterday, Dueling Banjos and Seven Nation Army.

Iā€™m having a hell of a time picking strings though because I donā€™t have full sight in my right eye so Iā€™ve been working on knowing where the strings are by feel.

Does anyone have any tips when it comes to hitting strings? Like is there a place to put your hand so you know where the strings are by rote or does that just come with time?

I assume you mean, with your right hand. If youā€™re playing with a plectrum (flat pick) you really shouldnā€™t anchor your hand anywhere because there is wrist motion involvedā€¦or should be. Itā€™s just a matter of developing muscle memory so that your hand knows where the strings are. If youā€™re playing with your thumb and fingers, itā€™s possible to rest your pinky on the instrument in a set spot, but this should be a temporary measure that you donā€™t keep up for longā€¦a month or two, tops.

I only rest my hand when I am playing bass. I wasnā€™t sure if there was that trick for guitar or not.

Just tell her a guitar is like a woman. With lots of practice, you know just where to pluck to make the pretty noises come out.

if that was the case, Iā€™d be the best guitar player in this joint. :smile:

Keep your fingers on the strings and you soon might be.

I tried to upload an mp4, but this place wonā€™t let me.

1 Like

try again

OK

Up the file size. The clip I wanted to put up is 6.1 megs

Thanks for trying but no go, try Soundcloud.

Can you take a .3gp movie?

I can probably get it to upload but what kind of player does it require to play it?

Give it a tryā€¦

Nope, donā€™t work. I just had some old clips lying around on this comp and wanted to show Darla Starling to keep her going on the strings

The smallest clip I have presently aside from that weird .3gp thigie is a 3.3 meg .mp4. I got some mp3 audio, but it ainā€™t the same as seeing it played.

Maybe Iā€™ll set up a YouTuber. I have some stuff up there, but itā€™s under my name and thereā€™s no telling what comeatmebro might do should I let that PI out, eh ā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Let me know when youā€™ve loaded up :))

If you wanna share yer mp4 with me on mediafire (or any filedrop that doesnā€™t need ftp) Iā€™ll youtube it for ya. I have a junk YT accountā€¦you probably oughta get one too.

For Darla Starling. The video quality sucks, but I can work on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCzVGV_vfRM&feature=youtu.be

5 Likes

That was awesome!

Thanks so much for sharing that Reggie. Thatā€™s really impressive.

How many years have you been playing for?