Happy Juneteenth (a day late)

5 Likes

2 Likes

Cons are still mad about Juneteenth

1 Like

They think it is cancelling Wealthy White Independence Day, on the following 4th.

Let’s talk about this, folks.

Black Americans have been celebrating Juneteenth, under Whitey’s radar as it were, for almost a hundred and fifty years. And now in the space of a couple of hurry up weeks, all of a sudden it’s a federal holiday…what exactly is whitey thinking? What does it change?

It sure as hell doesn’t change the fact that many of the pols who voted to make it a holiday are the same pols who are fighting to keep the schools from teaching Real History, with no sense of irony nor even a blush at their own hypocrisy. What kind of cynical political calculus is at work here? Some of my friends are calling it gaslighting but I think that’s not the right word.

As allegory, to a more perfect Union.

1 Like

I guess they figure if they vote for an extra day off, they don’t have to deal with the nitty gritty of what it means.

I found this article useful since it’s over a decade old. Gives me a clearer notion of what CRT once meant in academic conversation, before dumbasses with agendas tried to hijack the term.

I find it amusing that they once had a prestigious center for the study of CRT at MTSU, a part of the country that’s ass deep in rednecks.

1 Like

This is just the Democrat leadership sucking up to blacks in order to keep their votes. Dems totally panicked when Trump made serious inroads into black and latino support for the Democrat Party.

Frankly, the name of this holiday sounds patronizing.

Tell that to the individual in 1945 that came up with it.

OK boomer

Class; “Teacher what is Juneteenth?”

Teacher: “Ask me about race relations in America one more time!”