Hoods and Earmuffs?

Listen Norm, donā€™t write cheques your ass isnā€™t willing to cash.

How is my poast any different than yours above, where you say ā€œand Iā€™ll be fucked if Iā€™m going to wade through American law to dig up the statute on itā€ ?

Oh!!! Sorry!

I just meant I find American law difficult to sort out due to my unfamiliarity with how your legal statutes are organized so Iā€™ll be fucked if I am going to dig up the actual and exact statute for obstruction.

I still say the charge could be obstruction of justice.

My apologies.

Iā€™m not offended, nor do I seek to offend. But Iā€™ll tell you that in most states, obstruction of justice is a criminal charge having more to do with impeding or misdirecting an investigation or inquiry. Those protesters are more likely to get charged with blocking traffic, disturbing the peace, failing to disperse, or possibly even mob action (although usually there needs to be an element of weaponry or at least assault to charge mob action.)

Is blocking traffic a criminal offense?

Disturbing the peace could fit too.

Yes, especially it itā€™s intentional. Enforcement is somewhat discretionary, though.

Itā€™s a catch-all charge often used when you have nothing better. Itā€™s a misdemeanor offense in most cases, and you donā€™t have to prove the peace was actually disturbed if you can establish that the act ā€œprovokedā€ the peace.