How to setup NordVPN or OpenVPN on an Amazon Fire TV Stick

Just by people searching the internet for it.

1 Like

I haven’t tried a DNS test on the downloader browser/app, not even sure what it is… I have checked the IP before though and it was showing a Nord IP… As far as configuration files go I think I used the very first one in the zip file of files. I will check the IP that my firestick is showing later when I get a chance and report back.

BTW I’m using the newer firestick, no experience with the older ones. Oh and welcome to the board @Nbeers22 and @alstar2k6

@Nbeers22 , and @alstar2k6 , I just checked my Firestick device IP and it’s showing a Nord IP not my ISP.

Yes I have the newer one with Alexa voice control.

I think the link to the zip files is inside your Nord members area.

Nbeers22 posted this link yesterday…

If you figure out a solution for your problem please post it here for others having the same.

Hi Susanne! My computer is password protected, when I try to access it on the network I need my login and password that I use to login to Windows.

Hi Bdlane, after you install Open VPN you should be able to find it in your Firestick Apps and open it from there… what you have to open as an other type of file is the configuration file from NordVPN.

@Nbeers22 @alstar2k6 @Miamila

How has NordVPN been working for you? It has seemed kind of slow lately for me and hanging a lot on my computer.

I tried the Nord App on Firestick but it didn’t display at a size that I was able to use. If you can get it working though please share.

Unable to transfer the vpn config file from my droid cell phone to the firestick using ES File Explorer. Both phone and firestick are connected to the same network. In ES File Explorer, on the phone there is an option for “Sender” under “Network”. On the firestick ES File Explorer this option isn’t available. The last option under “Network” is “Net Manager”. Get a “No recipient found. Tap to rescan” message when trying to transfer the file from phone to firestick using the “Send” feature of ES File Explorer. Anyone encounter this problem?

Outside of this I was able to upload ““Open VPN for Android” from my droid phone to the firestick using Apps2Fire. Not sure how close I am to finishing this. It’s been 3 days of driving me nuts trying to figure this out.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi Mold, I just installed the Open VPN for Android with the Apps2Fire, then I was able to use ES File Explorer on the Firestick to network into my desktop PC, where the Nord Config files are and open it as an Open VPN Configuration file.

I only used Apps2Fire to get Open VPN for Android on my Firestick, the rest was done with ES Explorer and my Desktop, not sure if you can do it all from a phone.

Thanks. That sounds complicated. Was there a particular website you used for this step?

was it a regular PC with a hardline to the network or did you have a laptop with shared wifi…because my PC doesn’t have a wifi card. It’s just an ethernet jack to the router

Not really complicated, if you have your PC and TV connected to the same network, use ES File Explorer from the Firestick, click on LAN I think it is, (Probably more details in my original post) find your PC in ES Explorer, mine asked me for my PC login and password and then I was in, found the Nord Config files I had downloaded earlier, clicked Open as Other I think it is when I clicked on it and then Open as an Open VPN Configuration file…

You might be able to tunnel into your phone the same way from ES Explorer on the firestick, I really don’t know.

I did it like you’re doing, I messed around with it for 3 days until I finally got it! Good luck.

Thanks. Trying now.

We’ve got WiFI that runs our computers and tv, not sure how you’d do it in your case!

hahahahaha I was soooo close…

Did you get it?

I see my PC name. If I hold down the firestick button I can get a green arrow selection on it. Beyond that I don’t see anything I can do to get into it

Yeah ES Explorer is kind of weird and it took some getting familiar with it I think just to learn how to access my PC! Keep trying I say, don’t give up, if you see your PC that’s good, you should be in it soon. lol

Thanks. I’ll update the thread if I figure out another way to do this in case someone else is running into issues

1 Like