I FINALLY now think I've found my new home

The other placed balked again, after a formal offer, OK, whatever, so done with the Battle Creek nonsense. I saw a place late last night I’d never seen before out of hubris. When I started this process I knew I lived in one of the say five most popular buildings to live in in downtown JC. I thought I’d just toss my listing out and go collect a giant check. It didn’t work out that way so my pricepoint in Michigan dropped. I think I looked at two of these units in middle summer, nice price and good size but they showed poorly, not bad, I was just thinking I was holding out for more. I just skipped the whole subdivision at that point. This one wasn’t online last time I checked this neighborhood. It’s housing that sprung up around the old Wurtsmith AFB in Oscoda Michigan. The Air Force closed it but it’s not a private airfield. The neighborhood has only names of states in it, this unit is on Alaska St. I was like a kid at Christmas seeing it last night. It’s GREAT. It has 3 bedrooms and 1.5 baths. The master bedroom will stay as master, the pink bedroom will be repainted and used as spare bedroom and empty bedroom will be used at library/reading room/kids room for when they visit. I hated having nothing to do as a kid at my grandparents and aunts and uncles, I want kids to have a cool place. Books, DVDs, beanbag chairs, ebook readers, anything cool they want.

The back garden area backs up to state forest land which then empties into the Huron National Forest so there will be no construction behind me there EVER EVER

First off, Oscoda, on Lake Huron

Onto the place. Agent doing a double check but dogs are allowed and he can find no weight restrictions, only ‘dog must remain on leash’ or ‘dog must not create a nuisance’ and I WANT this place to retire in. Gas cooking too

Living room with door out to garden

Rest of living room

Garden area

Front of unit

Kitchen

Dining room

Some kind of shelf

Downstairs half bath

Master

Guest bedroom

Libarry/kids room

Master bath (I’ll put in a stand up shower)

Garage

Basement

State forest!

4 Likes

I like this one best man.

3 Likes

I do too,. I knew from my own reaction this is the one

1 Like

Looks like High Flyin Bryan drove up and hung the pics in the dining room though lol

3 Likes

This one is the best of those you’ve shown us. Wow, it’s great! It’s warm and cozy. Has everything a person would need. Good deal!

And the outdoor area is much nicer, very pretty. Forest behind you?! How cool is that?

Let us know when the sale goes through.

2 Likes

I will, my agent feels very good about it. Said he feels confident we can make this happen.

2 Likes

Now THAT’s what you should have. I’ll be keeping my fingers
crossed that there is no more fucktwattery to get in your way.

A really good place for a dude and a dog.

Best wishes for your domestic bliss.

2 Likes

Lots more warmth and character than the last one. Hope this is the winner.

1 Like

Also, if I buy in Oscoda, going forward, Lake Huron is the best Great Lake.

FACT!

2 Likes

Oh and I’ll have to buy a new telescope
M8sC

2 Likes

Others have said so. It’s the only one of the five I haven’t seen and been on.

Hey, for those of us not in the know, what is the correct pronunciation of Huron? I say it more or less like, Her on, am I close?

I always heard it “Hyour’-on”, but why do I know.

Besides, I’m a Superior fan. Or as some would say, a truly superior sort of fellow.

Love the place. You’ve got a home.

I swam it on a Monday and my heart stood still
Da do Huron ron Da do Huron

Michiganders tend to truncate everything ie Fridge and fridgerator and sometimes Lake Huron almost (For Thrones fans) like Euron Greyjoy ew-ron. Nobody there hits it with a hard H, it’s not HU-ron. You’ll hear hew-ron and hew-RON (just slightly harder on the ron) so really, everybody there will know what you mean

1 Like

Take out the O in Hyur-on and you nailed it

2 Likes

Maybe I missed the boat, but Hyur’n comes outta my mouth kinda like Urine. No disrespect intended.

That’s how I pronounce it.

My way sounds like Hyer-on

Is that much different than how wk pronounces it?