I was told there'd be no math

Hey, this is where I get all the good jokes I post elsewhere.

2 Likes

Iā€™m simply aghast.

1 Like

Use of the term ā€œaghastā€ implies the existence of multiple ghasts, yes?

I poured my root beer into a square cup.
Now I just have beer.

1 Like

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/17626567_797636810391707_6557913441683379950_n.jpg?oh=9954bdad4d11d2765af8664f688e5c47&oe=5960D93C

Five.

Or three, depending on your definition of ā€œanimal.ā€

1 Like

Twenty-five

1 Like

Sorry. No. It does not say, Every elephant was headed for the river, and on the way, they each saw two monkeys headed toward the river.

Those going toward the river: One rabbit, two monkeys, and two parrots.

1 Like

Every elephant may have seen the same 2 monkeys. Also it is unclear whether the elephants are heading to the river or not. So we have definitvely:

The rabbit (no relation)
At least two monkeys
At least two parrots

For five minimum.

If each elephant saw two unique monkeys, we have:
The rabbit
The six elephants, who MAY have been heading for the river
Twelve monkeys (thatā€™d be a good name for a movie)
Twelve parrots
For a maximum of 31 animals.

Thatā€™s how I read it too.

I count the same way, but deduct the six elephants who it clearly does not say were heading for the river. That leaves me with 25.

And yes, we all seem agreed the parrots are ā€œanimals.ā€

Clearly some have chosen to misinterpret the second sentence.

Au contraireā€¦I readily admit to two possible interpretations and thus two possible answers. I chose one of them but cannot prove my interpretation to be superior to the other.

ā€¦but itā€™s YOUR interpretation. Wouldnā€™t that imply itā€™s superior? :smirk:

though, I respectfully disagree.

It might haveā€¦once upon a time. But Iā€™ve had a really profound ego death over the past few months and Iā€™m a different man now.

1 Like

ā€¦and your sense of humor did not survive the transformation?

Iā€™m going with 5 as well.

1 rabbit is going towards the river.
2 monkeys are going towards the river.
2 parrots are going towards the river because the 2 monkeys are holding a parrot each.

1 Like

2 Likes

LOL. I was on a BB about house rabbits, which are quite territorial, especially the does. Someone asked ā€œwhatā€™s the best way to integrate a new rabbitā€ and I answered ā€œadd up all of its cross-sectional areas along its lengthā€. Nobody seemed to like it.

5 Likes