Impossible burger

I preferred Clarke’s, there used to be one down by me, on Almaden & Curtner, there’s a Super Taq there now. The last Clarke’s on El Camino, closed permanently right after the shutdown.

There used to be a Kirk’s I think on de Anza, near 85…

I’ve never had a Clarke’s and sounds like it’s too late now.

Kirk’s has renovated and has a newish menu.

mmmmm

2 Likes

That pasta and snow peas(?) salad looks refreshing.

It’s called “One Pot Skinny Pasta Primavera” if you want to look up the recipe.

1 Like

I will look it up. I would eat that.

Thanks,

1 Like

I have a similar recipe that uses garlic, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini. It’s really good.

1 Like

Got two of those packages of impossible burger at Fred Meyer for $8.99, buy one get one free.

1 Like

Why not just eat the real thing or forego it altogether?

If I’m a vegetarian, I would assume one doesn’t like meat. I’ve never understood it.

I’m not a vegetarian because I love animals. I’m a vegetarian because I hate vegetables.

Meat’s kind of gross and not that great for you, would rather eat plants. Even if it does have the fat of a regular hamburger it doesn’t have the cholesterol and hormones they give the livestock. No animals had to be killed to get it. I still eat meat but less and less of it. I did make myself an amazing steak the other night though.

Monday when I was downtown I ate at Veggie Grill, love this place… it’s still boarded up because it’s near the Portland War Zone.

Okay, if it’s gross, why do you seek out the fake flavor?

I wonder what they put in it to make it “taste” like meat?

If you can have a hamburger without eating an actual shitty hamburger why not? Liquid smoke flavoring is what they use I believe.

It can’t be that shitty if you want it.

I saw a thing on Facebook, it was the CIA, the Culinary Institute of America which was in Napa and Google teaming up to create better plant based foods, recipes etc. and they also have numerous behavioral experts and psychologists etc. on board to help transition the public to a plant based diet. lol

It’s shitty for you and made in a shitty way… I’m sure some people love heroin too but it’s still pretty bad for you.

Maybe, but I’m not complaining about beef. I don’t eat things I don’t like.

If you don’t like meat, why do you want to make other things taste like it?

Probably because I’ve been raised in a meat eating society and on a meat eating diet? I like beef, I don’t like how bad it is for me, I don’t like how it’s produced, I don’t like all the hormones etc. they use… why eat it if I can avoid it and eat a plant burger that tastes even better?