In two years, drug giant McKesson shipped 5 million pain pills to town of 400, House panel says

3 Likes

Thanks, Obama.

The drug pushers should be in prison.

We were watching the Olympics and there were so many pharmaceutical ads during one break, I lost count at five.

2 Likes

What I want to know is why are these companies advertising by prescription only pills to the general populace?

“Ask your DR if opioid addiction is right for you”

3 Likes

Do they advertise opioids? I’ve never seen a morphine commercial before.

Not sure if they do.

Because the FCC allows them to.

Why, you ask?

Well, because of the corporate takeover of the US government which has bureaus that used not to allow such advertising.

1 Like

I honestly see no need for companies to advertise prescription drugs to the general population. They should save their ad money for buying doctors.

In the 50’s my farther had a back problem and the doc had him bet a back brace

on his next visit the doc handed him the few dollar kickback money he got from the brace company

how about that?

1 Like

That’s a cool doctor.

My doctor in Vancouver had drug reps in all the damn time. She’d collect samples from them and hand them out to lower income people. I got free birth control for years because every time I’d go in, she’d push a supply of the stuff on me. She did the same with baby formula after the kids were born.

So the first stuff didn’t work?

3 Likes

She actually gave me a different brand one day and it made me super bitchy. My mother in law was staying with us for the month and I didn’t want my whacky hormones ruining her visit. After consulting my husband, he told me to stop taking them and go back to my doctor. I was halfway through a pack so I turfed them and made an appointment. I was waiting for my period to start taking the proper pills again but it never came. Instead, I ended up with twins.

Lesson learned.

LOL. I was just being flip, but that’s kind of funny.

Yeah it was a fucking riot when I found out not only was a pregnant (WTF?!) I was having twins. People have asked me what fertility drugs I took and I tell them birth control. :smiley:

2 Likes

One of the women who came out to visit and comfort me last weekend Cari recently had a knee replacement surgery. She got her few pain pills after and the doctor said if you need more after these 10 we’ll do that. She was in bit of discomfort and I think her PT guy screwed up doing the cupping on her scar area (opened it back up) and so she called her doctor—OK, would you like 100 more pills (An Opioid).

100 more. 100. NO insurance company is paying for 100 opioid pills in a month. They will pay for 30, I know, I take Tramodol (the entry level opioid).

The first reflex was 100 more pills., amazing

1 Like

That’s what they did for me as well. I went to my doctor and ended up with a bottle of 100 morphine and they’ve cracked down on that up here.

Shit, those are probably worth $20 a pill on the street… :stuck_out_tongue:

I still have them. I took maybe 20.

I had a shot in the ass of pharmaceutical grade liquid morphine once in the 90’s… I forget how many CC’s but about an hour later I threw up and then the buzz was very nice and surreal, but I could feel the residual high for days later, I can see how people get hooked on it. My friend who I got it from had a big bottle of it he had bought from a cancer patient. He was hooked hard by the time the bottle was gone but there was no getting anymore of it because the person had died from their cancer.

2 Likes