It was 49 years ago in history today

Did ya ever read the book - most excellent - I got the hardback at a yard sale for 50 cents

https://www.amazon.com/Failure-Not-Option-Mission-Control/dp/1439148813

1 Like

No I’ll look for it, loved him in Apollo 13.

It was worth all the bad luck that befell me from the yardsale buy
Most excellent -
Get the hardback - cheap now - used to be a lot more

1 Like

Are you demon free now?

Ahhhhhhhh

No

I gave the book away

If I ever see it again I will pay another 50 cents

A Higher Call is also great

So one of your favorite books of all time is about fucking NASA… unbelievable six… lol

1 Like

The book is about the OLD NASA

GETIT - OLD NASA - NOT THE NEW NASA

Totally different - no fucking way are they alike

Yu think any of the new nasa last card fucking wonders are ever close to Gene Kranz

fuck, I have a hard time teachin you

NASA is fucking NASA six… old nasa/new nasa… wtf… lol

ROFLMAO at that one

Ok this is back about 15 years or so, I was for a fairly short time a manufacturers rep for an electronic component company, one of the cooler client I called on, was this 60 + year old long haired Einstein type guy that had started at NASA in his youth he had a company with himself and office manager admin gal and a couple younger propeller heads, his primary “profit” center was one of the lenses for the in orbit remanufacture of the Hubble, he showed “it” to me, to my dumb ass it looked just like a extra large pc cpu, I told him that and he happily nodded and said, well that’s what it is more or less.He was cool cat and the long hair hippy scientist in Independence Day might have been modeled after this guy, except my guy was sort of portly. But he actually had a pocket protector and a slide rule on his desk in easy reach.

But to those guys that “more or less” might be an extremely broad definition, like uh yeah they are both a patchwork of air quote “circuits” embossed on a layers on a silicon chip.

That was Lt Cmdr Data

Mb1Qn

1 Like

Yesterday was 50th of launch, tomorrow is 50th of landing

Today is this commemorative etching

Last night my Jazz station was in between songs playing little snippets of the dialog between Houston and the tin can, which was kind of interesting.