Jesus is calling Tim Tebow to the Baseball Diamond

Michael Jordan, Bo Jackson and many others have tried to make it in pro baseball. It’s next to impossible. Hitting an object the size of an orange traveling at 95mph one time, 80mph the next and with curves, zigs, zags and sinks is one of the hardest things on earth. You pretty much have to be doing it your whole life and even then 99.99% don’t make it. It’s not something you just decide you want to do.

Then again… Jesus.

This kid I knew over at the coast played Ball for a couple years, he lead his High School Team to the State finals, he did a year or two of College BB and was a stud, then played for 2 years on a couple farm teams and then said fuck it, everyone who knew him was positive he was going to be a big deal in the Majors. Not so much. (Maybe if he toughed it out longer, but…he didn’t want to slave away on farm teams that long)

1 Like

I knew this guy in HS who was also a “can’t miss”. He dominated in conference and state all 4 years and bypassed college to go straight to the Cardinals farm system. Had an agent and everything. He lasted 2 years in the minors before he was basically told he’s never even get to AA. He should have took that scholarship.

My old man told me this story long ago. He was in college in the late thirties at U of Illinois…they had a guy on their team who was an all-american player, had a .460 batting average, could play every position, etc.

So the StL Cards (then known as the Gas House Gang, pretty good MLB team that liked to clown around) came to the U of I in the pre-season to play an exhibition game. They got into town the night before the game and some of them went to Kam’s, a legendary student bar in Champaign, for a drink. Some of the U of I college players were there, and Our Hero the .460 guy was bragging loud and long about how he was gonna MURDER the Cards’ pitching the following day…overheard by teh Cards of course.

Fast forward to Saturday afternoon, bottom of the 9th with 2 out and the bases empty…Cards lead by 3 runs. Pepper Martin, the Cards third baseman, realizes Our Hero is the 4th guy down in the batting order, and he calls a Mound Conference and they bring out the manager and discuss things. Our Hero at this point has 3 ABs with one strikeout, one walk and a single.

So they announce they are taking the relief pitcher out, Martin is gonna pitch, and they bring in a utility infielder.

Martin takes a few warmup pitches, intentionally walks the next 3 batters to load the bases, and up steps Our Hero in a Magic Moment, where he can homer and win the game. Martin ceremoniously directs all of the infielders to sit down, then he has the outfielders sit down too.

And he smokes Our Hero with 3 fastballs down the middle. Game over.

3 Likes

Jebus did pull out a few games in the 4th quarter for Timmy.

1 Like

So he has this going for him, which is nice.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tim-tebow-crushes-430-foot-homer-in-mlb-showcase-213906505.html

mm not bad.