Liturgical LOLs

My profile is a liturgical lol?

He mighta meant to quote this, from almost a year ago. ^^^^^

Ah. I thought maybe that was the case but I wasn’t sure.

Getting old’s a bitch, eh Spoon? I will be hitting 53 in a coupla weeks. Sheesh…

Yeah I was trying to link to post 55 or so but without quoting it yet again.

53 is the new 35, dude.

1 Like

A guy at my gym had a reply to “50 is the new 40”… he said “I hear that a lot, mostly from guys that are 50”

I lol’d (and flipped him off and lol’d again)

1 Like

At 53, you can still get your middle finger up?

1 Like

Yeah, but I get dizzy…

3 Likes

Shouldn’t there be two Jesi in that meme?

1 Like

OMG. You owe me a monitor.

1 Like

A long time ago, the Pope decrees that all Jews in the Vatican must convert or leave…

There was an outcry from the Jewish community, so the pope offered a deal: He would have a religious debate with the leader of the Jewish community. If the Jews won, they could stay in Italy. If the pope won, they would have to convert or leave.

The Jewish people picked an aged, wise rabbi to represent them in the debate. However, as the rabbi spoke no Italian, and the pope spoke no Yiddish, they agreed that it would be a ‘silent’ debate.

On the chosen day the pope and rabbi sat opposite each other.

The pope raised three fingers. The rabbi looked back and raised one finger.

Next, the pope waved his hands around in the air. The rabbi pointed to the ground where he sat.

The pope brought out a communion wafer and a chalice of wine. The rabbi pulled out an apple.

With that the pope stood and declared that he was beaten. The rabbi was too clever. The Jews could stay.

Later the cardinals met with the pope and asked him what had happened.

The pope said, “First I held up three fingers to represent the Trinity. He responded by holding up one finger to remind me there is still only one God common to both our beliefs. Then, I waved my hands around to show him that God was all around us. He responded by pointing to the ground to show that God was also right here with us. I pulled out the wine and water, to show that God absolves us of all our sins. He pulled out an apple to remind me of the original sin. He had beaten me at every move and I could not continue. He had an answer to everything. How could I continue with my decree after that?”

Meanwhile, the Jewish community gathered to ask the rabbi how he had won.

“First,” said the rabbi, “he said to me that we had three days to get out of Italy, so I gave him the finger. Then he tells me that the whole country would be cleared of Jews and I said to him that we were staying right here.”

“And then what?” asked a woman.

“Who knows?” said the Rabbi. “He took out his lunch, so I took out mine.”

1 Like

2 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

FB_IMG_1525746182570
Check And Mate!

Thank you Jesus, thank you lord.