Lotus Bud what's San Pedro like these days?

I am reading about how things were in the 1940s there, wondering what happened to the place.

Also, Central Ave was a huge jazz scene in LA before WW2.

I never have reason to go to San Pedro. Last time I was there it seemed too shipyard-y.

Huh. Well apparently (in the 30s, 40s and into the 50s) there were people living there, mostly fishermen and longshoremen and their families. Immigrants, mostly. I wonder what happened to the place. I wonder if it’s a bit like Red Hook in Brooklyn.

Sure. There are people living there. There may even be parts that are nice. But I think of it like this:

http://www.uscg.mil/baselalb/img/BaseLALB.jpg

I visited there in GTA San Andreas I think.

Next time I’m in LA I am going to check out San Pedro. I’ll bet it’s awesome.

Hey, you could even join me, Lotus Bud.

I have also offered LotusBud a tour of İstanbul. One day I hope she takes me up on it.

I fear San Pedro pales in comparison with Istanbul, but it may nevertheless be of some interest. It may not be the sort of place to which Lotus Bud is accustomed. Once a neighborhood of longshoremen and fishermen, San Pedro remains, as Wikipedia puts it, “primarily a working class community.” Perhaps neighboring Palos Verdes is more to Lotus Bud’s liking, and more suited to a person of her social standing.

From her sojourn in Portugal I gather that she values an authentic experience. Although as I am already spoken for I would not be able to reduplicate he encounter with the Portuguese gentleman.

Wow, it;s weird how mother nature made those islands all squared off and neatly arranged like that…hey wait a minute, Flannel have you been doing your OCD stuff to San Pedro?

I know, huh? Pure awesomeness.

As if being “spoken for” is the only obstacle.