Love It Out Here Part 7

Do you remember when Hollihate used to boast about hiking 200 ft in elevation?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

My legs were definitely feeling it, I could have gone the rest of the way on a cool day but not in 80’s full sun. My roommate barely broke a sweat, she could have jogged the rest of the way. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

A lot of those trees were damaged. Were they in a previous fire?

A couple years ago, a couple of teenage idiots blew off a bunch of fireworks and damn near burned down the whole Columbia Gorge.

3 Likes

They were from Washington, of course.

1 Like

@Billdo, do you even Mt. Tabor, gf?

I haven’t been, do I need to check it out?

Fer sure. Total Collapsed Volcano Action.

1 Like

I think I’ve shared this before, but as you know my cousin (and semi defacto big bro, as though things go) I went on a Citizen ride Along with him in the early 80’s he was East Precinct patrol at the time so patrolled…as we were approaching the entrance to the park, Cus says, let’s head up here this is always a nice diversion (ie escape from Portland into the Forest Eternal for a second)

We get up to the top parking lot area and the only thing to be seen is a few years old Datsun PU with Canopy with curtains showing light around the edges of curtain…Cuz hit the vehicle with his light and walks toward the vehicle…two sweet innocent looking but scared teen girl faces appear in the rear window,cop cuz chats with them for a minute comes back to the car and as he is pulling away…“I don’t know, but I think those girls got tired of waiting for their boyfriends” He said ironically.

1 Like