Memorial Day

I don’t really give a flying fuck if you don’t support the war(s), so Duke, go fuck yourself. Memorial Day is about the people.
Here’s a simple video.
https://youtu.be/tx-oRF8upas

Hostile troll is going to be hostile.

Well deserved response to the hostility of Duke’s previous post.

Whatever - you’ll never figure it out

Same shit for 4000+ years and you still don’t get it

One of my friends got killed in a motorcycle accident in fucking South Dakota

He should have not been their except for the fucking draft

1 Like

What part of “Memorial Day is about the people” didn’t you understand? One day you’ll learn.

Which “the people” are you referring to?

I fetched this on the Googles for you

Did you notice that it describes a SUBSET of “the people?”

Did you think I meant The People?

I’ve always thought that was the irony of the holiday, those young men and woman are dead, so the rest of us get a 3 day weekend, in which we have come to commemorate as the kick off to the summer season, and also the yuge mattress sales. (While the Potus is golfing and living it up with the leader of the country that attacked us in WW2)

3 Likes

For some posters, I’d be charitable and I’d choose to think they actually meant something other than what they typed. But for you, given that you’re the OP and its tone is hostile, I’m wise enough to assume you’re trolling a national holiday. Thus my reply addresses the fallacy in your post. Simple really, but I’m out of crayon shavings with which to decorate my reply.

1 Like

I would have capitalized The People if I meant The People.

PFC Kirkpatrick was KIA on Jul 3, 2017 in Helmand. I heard the announcement about a week after. I can’t say I “knew” him but I knew of him.

US Army WTF Moments posted his photo and DOD today, and all the people posting their bands is gut wrenching.

1 Like

1 Like

PFC John J. Fleming was KIA on Oct. 16, 1965 in An Khe province with 3 other members of his aircrew. I helped bag their remains less than 2 hours later. I had played poker with John the evening before.

At the time I was unaware of the date’s significance, but on Oct 16, 1944 my uncle E. E. Waisath was KIA above the Aegean coast of Croatia. Germans on the beach machine-gunned him in his chute. I never knew him, but of course my aunt did. I visited his grave two days ago.

Sorry about your friend, but there will be more rodeos I suspect.

3 Likes

Let us bow our heads to remember the death of the idea that Boro has an intelligent tr0all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnYLmqMIyi4

Jolly good show.

Chuck Yeager saw a German pilot kill people in chutes - he worked him over with the Mustang until he was forced to bail then shot him in his chute for payback - in his book

He did not want to shoot him down - he wanted him to bail out

I’m not blaming the Germans totally, the RAF had strafed them on the beach an hour before the AA guns up the coast sent a flaming B-24 almost into their laps. They only kilt 3 of the 10 chutists; the others survived the war one way or another.