My new friend

copperhound1

I’m guessing with a name like that he’s a scrapper, probably one of those guys that steals the copper pipe out of vacant homes.

Sounds like Copperhound peaked during his Blockbuster tenure.

We were having a friendly discussion about tomatoes in the comments section of this video so I went to his Google+ page because I could tell he was a real brain surgeon. :smile:

I’ll watch that vid later, but It reminded me of one of ocusins that lives on a smallish lot in a fairly dense upscale suburban area, on their side yard they had a plot planted with tomatoes about maybe 10 X 12, I don’t think I had ever seen such massive and gobs of tomatoes, I don’t know what they did to get the yield they had but it was impressive.

That video isn’t that great, I was just arguing with that guy in the comments.

In a 10x12 spot I could get at least 15 tomato plants, maybe 20, might be a pain in the ass to get in between them to pick.

Most of mine are loaded with fruit. I picked 8 decent sized tomatoes off one plant yesterday and it’s still loaded down. I’ve noticed the plants I put in the ground early are the biggest, have the most fruit and started ripening first. Getting an early start on them looks like the key.

Here’s what I picked yesterday, I pick a bunch of stuff almost every day.

2 Likes

So…Copper is jealous of your veggies?

Good lord those are gorgeous veggies. Yum!

You certainly have a green thumb.

Nah, he was claiming that myself and a couple other people were ruining our tomatoes by not letting them fully ripen on the vine. I usually pick them about like those and ripen them the rest of the way inside.

1 Like

Thanks, I have a green thumb sometimes, with certain things when the conditions are favorable. I’ve learned that I can’t grow something in a container though to save my life. I tried a couple pepper plants in a container this year, they did ok for awhile and produced a few peppers each but now they’re looking almost dead.

I really prefer the ripe orange and red bell peppers over the green ones but I wanted to get some of them off the plants to maybe encourage another round of fruiting. Check out this guy’s pepper plants!

1 Like

I’m horrible at veggie container gardening as well. Overwintering with a mature plant is a great idea if it produces those results.

Might be even easier here in CA.

1 Like