My New Research on the Gacy Murders

I have gotten back into researching serial murder of late and for the past few months I’ve been back to researching John Gacy. So, what more is there to possibly know about Gacy considering the magnitude of the case and plethora of material written about him? Well, I’m now 100% convinced that John Gacy did not act alone in many of the 33 murders attributed to him. In fact, in a few I believe he was not involved at all. No, Gacy had at least one accomplice and possibly two. I believe I know who these accomplice(s) were and have no problem calling them out by name. Before I do, however, allow me to summarize why I believe Gacy had help with these grisly murders.

1. Though Gacy murdered 33 young men (most likely more) between the years 1972-78, the fact is 31 of those murders occurred after he divorced and his wife & step daughters moved out of his Des Plains home in February of 1976. That’s 31 murders in 35 months. It’s highly unlikely that Gacy, a short, overweight man with heart problems who worked 12-14 hours a day with his contracting business could abduct, torture, murder and bury that many young healthy men at such a rate without some help.

2. One of the first things Gacy said during the initial interrogation after his arrest in December of 1978 was… “Have you arrested any of my associates”? This is not hearsay, this is from actual Cook County transcripts’.

3. Gacy stated on some occasions in interviews over the years that others were responsible for the murders and on other occasions that he had accomplices, though he never provided names. Now, most just blow that off as Gacy being Gacy and refusing to accept guilt, but I’ve watched some of those interviews and I don’t think he’s lying. Gacy has a certain mannerism with his eyes that I’ve picked up on over the years when he is being dishonest or obtuse. This mannerism is not present when he speaks of accomplices.

4. Two of Gacy’s young employees lived at his Des Plains home for extended periods of time after his wife moved out in early 1976. Despite his voracious appetite for murdering young men, especially those who worked for him, he never harmed these two. Why? And how would Gacy have been able to repeatedly assault, torture and murder young men in his home unbeknownst to a roommate sleeping just down the hall… keeping in mind that this was a very small single story house with only 2 bedrooms.

5. One of the two Gacy sexual torture victims’ that got away, Jeffrey Rignall, clearly remembers a light flicking on in another room of the house while Gacy was raping him. At the time, under tremendous pain and trauma, it really didn’t even register with him, but later on he began to wonder about it. And though in a haze and going in and out of consciousness from being repeatedly chloroformed, he thought he faintly saw someone other than Gacy checking the restraints on his hands…. a much younger man.

6. And the most convincing… Gacy was out of town on contracting jobs when 3 of the victims went missing. This is not conjecture… this is fact based on travel records. GACY WAS NOT THERE WHEN THE VICTIMS WERE MURDERED OR BURIED UNDER HIS HOME. It is also likely he was out of town for 4 other murders, however, there are no hard records to back those up… just handwritten travel logs, eyewitness accounts, etc.

So, who were Gacy’s accomplices? One or the other young men living with him from 1976 to 1978…. or both. That would be David Cram and Michael Rossi. Both were uncooperative with police during the initial investigation and both had spare keys to Gacy’s house, which would have allowed them to commit the murders that occurred while Gacy was out of town. Both also admitted to digging “trenches” in Gacy’s crawlspace, ostensibly in the belief that Gacy was going to fix a sewage problem under his home. Remarkable that neither of them would have been suspicious of the stench of numerous rotting corpses down there while digging.

So why pursue this now, decades after the fact? Well, first and foremost because it just isn’t right for such horrendous crimes to go unpunished. These cold-blooded killers having been walking the streets of Chicagoland freely for 35 years now. More importantly though, despite advanced DNA technology, a quarter of Gacy’s victims have never been identified. These fellows could possibly provide some clues as to who these John Doe’s are.

Now, I’m certainly not the first to speculate that John Gacy had accomplices in these garish murders. There are others. I am, however, the first to name names. Most of the other speculation centers around a different individual, a young man who was a roommate of one of Gacy’s victim’s, who knew Gacy and claimed to have also dug trenches in Gacy’s crawlspace. I’m doubtful of that particular speculation and believe this individual is merely seeking attention. Cram and Rossi have flown under the radar, mainly because they assisted police in the initial investigation of Gacy and assisted prosecutors by testifying at Gacy’s trial.

I continue my research.

1 Like

Hell of a hobby - that

But that’s fine if you enjoy it

Do you intend on publishing a book?

Do you suspect Jimmy Carter may have been involved? Pm me if you don’t want say so in public

1 Like

Brain Jennings was almost a victim he said but he escaped

2 Likes

Didn’t Bill O’Reilly catch Gacy single handedl, without his camera man?

1 Like

Let me know if you delve into the Zodiac I have some thoughts to share with you.

I dunno, but he was there…he always is.

I’ve spent more time on the unsolved Zodiac case than any other. In fact, I’ve been to all of the kill sites (Napa, Vallejo, SF) numerous times and have met with quite a few case investigators and witnesses over the years. Sadly, I’ve kind of burnt myself out on it. It’s been sooooo many years and there have been sooooo many theories that I’m doubtful the case will ever be solved.

But please share away!

No, at least no time soon. I’m not about to mention Cram’s or Rossi’s name in a very public manner for fear of a defamation suit. I’ve been down that road. I was threatened by attorney’s of one of the wealthiest men in San Francisco, Kjell Qvale, over mentioning his name in conjunction with the Zodiac murders about 10 years ago. I wasn’t even implying he was the Zodiac, just that he was in the area, the Presidio, when one of the murders occurred and matched the description of the killer. I was forced to retract my statement. Qvale died about a year ago, so I can mention his name now.

For now, I’m just going to continue my research. What I’d like to do is take a trip to Chicago and review some of the more detailed case files in person. I’ve been in touch with Tom Dart, the Cook County Sheriff and sole remaining official investigator on the case. He told me I am welcome to access the voluminous Gacy case file in his office. He shares some of my thoughts and is wide open to the idea that Gacy had help.

It’s fun. Not the gory side, but the mystery aspect. WK knows what I’m talking about. He put in some deep research on a series of unsolved murders up in MI and has a very attractive theory.

I think we talked about this before, but I worked for the Qvales a long time ago, and may have met Knell, one of Knutes kids came by store one afternoon, just hung out and visited on his way to something else.

No, I didn’t know that. Small world. Yeah, I could see where being in the car biz on the coast might afford such a possibility. I met him once myself a few years after the legal threat. Super nice guy.

He looked l like a nice, I only said hello shook his hand and hung around for a minute or two while he and my boss talked horses, then went back too my office.

It was a horse track that I met Kjell.

Really? Was it one of theirs? I understood they were really into horses and had a big horse ranch somewhere in CA.

Hey, Flannel is into horses, right? At least their heads

Interesting. Where did you mention it that they found out?

I think mysteries are interesting too. These sociopaths are frightening.

But there are everyday sociopaths around…they may not kill anyone, but they wreak havoc at will.

I just looked up Knute, Kjell was Knutes brother, the guy I met was a son of Knute I think.

I heard some guy ON NPR he was a Psychiatrist or Psychologist or some damn, thing, he did a bunch of rresearch into Sociopaths, and he found out accodring to the criteria he is one, and he said there are actually quite a few out among us, but for some reason the researchers don’t know, not all of them act on their Sociopathic impulse