My OCD has made me a more gas-conserving driver

In these newfangled cars (I jumped from an 09 to a 17) the dashboard tells you your standard trip meter (which I reset every fill-up) and how many miles you have on the tank

So I drive to maximize the sum of the two, trying to go the most miles I can between fillups and thusly improve my mileage, usually by using the cruise control in more places to maintain a smooth speed curve

MrsW still drives like a BOOH and yet gripes that I don’t retain sufficient control of the car coz am gonna crash into the car in front of us, even tho my brake foot still hovers over the brake which is more than it can do when it is on the accelerator

But I get at least 15% better mileage than her (it was 8-10% before I got this kind of car enniways)

I remember 5 fer a buck and clean yer windshield and check yer oil

I remember a chili size and a chocolate milk from the Perkos at the bottom of I-80 heading east out of the Rockies, and barfing it all up an hour later

Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh
so mellow.
When grass was green and grain was yellow.
When you were a tender and callow fellow.
Try to remember and if you remember
then follow
follow.

2 Likes

I bang the limiter, a whopping 8200rpm all the time on my S2000 and get 22mpg avg.
My girlfriend drives like a slug and gets around 40 in her Fit… but she has an active MPG scale in her car that goes from zero to 80.

The next random post

. I saw an automobile once when I was a kid, but now they’re everywhere.

There is still a law down south that if ya drive into a town you have to stop at the city limits and fire a shot so they know yer coming, so the horses don’t get scardy cats

Just when you think gas prices are already high enough. This happens.

Drones

Nah, I think it was ISIS

Yeah, ISIS with drones or maybe the Kurds gettin even

Yeah, the kurds. gotta be those loosers.

We still have several of these around town: