Nasty cartoon about Serena

They let guys get away with the same bullshit

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/australian-newspaper-prints-racist-cartoon-serena-williams-naomi-osaka-153447048.html

I was once raked over the coals at this forum for suggesting Australians are very racist. Wtf do I know? I mean I just visited the country for 3 weeks.

I guess I’m probably still wrong.

1 Like

They’re like a lot of white Americans, racists without even realizing they’re racists… self unaware.

3 Likes

I had drinks one night with a couple old Salts (Navy guys older than me) who had spent a little time in Australia with the Navy, I remember them saying the Aussies were brutally racist against their own Natives, and only barely tolerated US Service blacks, except for the Sheila’s in the bars that would throw themselves at the black sailors.

I got called a wog. A term I wasn’t familiar with. Asked the cousins-in-laws at the time what it meant. I fihured it was a pejorative.

They said “racist term for foreigner”.

I said don’t Australians realize all tourists are foreigners by definition?

They shrugged and said “that’s just how they are.”

Our racist people are the same, nothing is racist until there is a lynching.

1 Like

Thing is, the opponent was a half-Japanese half-Haitian, definitely not a white blonde…

1 Like

Yes, the cartoonist is also delusional.

He could be projecting how some Caucasians see the world when they have to compete with minorities.

Sonia Sotomayor has been called a second rate intellect by Caucasian law professors and jurists.

Exactly. They are awful to the Abos but think that’s normal cuz the Abos are not really human.

Aussies who are on the right side of things are pretty cool, including the sheilas. They’re outspoken and frank and no bullshitting around. But when they’re on the wrong side of things, and they often are, they’re major assholes.

They also don’t like being reminded that the first white settlers there were convicts, or that the parallels with the state of Georgia in the US
are striking.

2 Likes