Oh those wacky Christians

Tamlynn Yoder, 25, of Lake Park, Fla., lost her job at Outback Steakhouse after she complained in a social media post about not getting a tip.

Christ Fellowship Church placed a $735 takeout order and sent someone to pick it up. They did not leave a gratuity for the order.

I went to their FB - they say they always tip cause they are nice CC folks - it was an accident - ya gotta go look - something like that they said

some people are not nice to them on FB

Outback is prolly the same - I did not look

1 Like

I never tip for a take out order because I tip for service and I’m not served for a pick up.

2 Likes

Thank you all very much for expressing your concerns. We are sorry to hear about this situation and our leaders have been notified about it. We value our local business partners and those who work in their establishments—many of whom are members of our church—and it is customary for us to leave a generous tip whenever we pick up a carry-out order. They will be looking into what happened in this instance. We are reaching out directly to the people affected.

1 Like

I agree. I was once chastised for not tipping a gas station attendant who pumped my gasoline. I wanted to know what they were getting paid to do if not pump gas - it’s all they do. In the old days an attendant would check your oil and other fluids, and add fluid if needed. When is the last time you had an attendant ask you to open the hood? That’s right - you can’t remember.

I can remember…1997.

Does this mean everything I wrote was wrong, or just that part at the end?

I always tip for takeout because here in the USA, service workers are paid substandard wages, and like she says in the article, takeout orders require just as much work as waiting tables.

I’m going to disagree that it’s as much work for a server.

I hate subsidizing shitty employer wages. I resent having to but willingly and happily tip well.

I go to a place for lunch that predominantly gets takeout orders at lunchtime. Those servers are always running their asses off, literally sweating. They are probably filling ten times more orders than they would fill for sit-down service only, and they have to do it quickly and keep a lot of shit straight. A 700 buck takeout order is probably a lot of work.

Who the fuck ever heard of tipping a gas station person

Back in olden times.
The person who commented on it was of that vintage and apparently never made a correlation between tipping and what the attendant actually does. In other words, they didn’t take note of changing times.