Old license plates are welded on

I need to change my plates, can’t get the old ones off… probably don’t have screws to reattach them if I get the old ones off… I’m ready to take it somewhere and pay $20 to have it done…

Don’t y’all just get new stickers? Or you’re required to get all new plates once in a while?

Yeah they give us new plates like once every 10 years…

Bring it here - Ill get em off

take a pic and post it - srsly

I promise not to laff

Waiting here

send em and I will tell you how to get it off

it’s a 50 yr old corolla, just gorilla glue the new ones on over the old ones.

I was thinking the same except super glue

Maybe he cud find someone to do fer 20 bucks

Sorry - it was the other 6

My first thought too, yo. But I think Super Glue don’t like wet or cold so much. But the extra rigidity of the laminated plating would offer extra protection in the event of running over a Trump Supporter or sich.

Sumbitch ain’t coming apart - I don’t think

They just got rid of the stickers here - saves millions

I just renewed the reg online and they stopped mailing them - saving more millions

you print it and yer done on the fucking spot from home

1 Like

We’re still doing stickers here, every 2 years, seems more often than that tho.

At work on the lot one day, I started chatting with the yuppy looking dude, who’s wife was out driving a yr old Ram Air Trans Am all black badd azz hot rod, she’s trading in her 12 yr old Vette, that’s put about 5000 miles on in 8 years a garage queen …these peeps seemed to be doing just fine in the money area, but had some weird aversion to paying for tags (which are fairly cheap, $55.00 every two yrs. so they go to the shoppers with a pair of tin snips and jack stickers…or so he claimed, of course he may have been jacking me around. He seemed like the prankster type.

How fucking bad is this

they had emissions a few years ago (all over now I think) by zip code

and across the fucking street ya did not have to pay the fucking 40 dollars

50 fucking feet away

Portland Metro, and I think Medford down so. nearer CA and sits in a bowl/valley has emissions too. The rest of the state, not yet.

Even then I think you have to ask for them.

Plates on my truck are still in good shape but when I renewed stickers this year I peeled six or seven old dried-up stickers off and scraped down to where the new sticker had a chance at getting a grip.

Fukkin stickers are a hunnert and two dollars here, except as a disabled vet I get one set of plates freeeeeeeee.

2 Likes

Nah I didn’t ask for them, I knew I was going to have this problem as soon as they said they were mailing me new plates and gave me a T - Temporary Sticker… So now I’ve had the plates for a couple months at least and I’m starting to worry that my T sticker might be expired.

Yeah hundred dollars… more highway robbery in IL and they’re broke,go figure…

I get a freebie too, the only guy that ever asks about the vet plate is this senile ( or pickled) old guy in a VFW cunt cap, every time he pumps my gas. “What branch were you?” “I was Army, thank you for your service”

So I WD40’d the fuck out of them today, will try again tomorrow… if not maybe some of that liquid wrench shit?

This one is barely holding on…

Have you involved a hammer yet? if not this might be a good hammer time, give the top or head of that screw 2 or 3 good taps with a hammer then try to ‘drive’ it out. Don’t try to kill it, but maybe knock it senseless for a minute or so.

1 Like

Sounds like something to try after all else fails, I do have a drill too if that will help.