Portlanders, Big Brother needs to know if you brushed yer teeth

1 Like

Always before I don the mask. I now know what other people are smelling when I talk to them :’(

#winning

I think they have a blackhawk helicopter flying overhead now too

They may have elements of The Battalion. on standby too.

They better send in the Army, Navy, Air Force and the Marines if they think they’re going to make us all go away lol.

The Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Aviation Administration have issued a temporary flight restriction over the City of Portland for unmanned aircraft systems, such as drones, according to the Federal Aviation Administration’s webs…

Because of the posse comitatus dickdance Trump has been doing since the 2018 midterms, his use of border control people as a private paramilitary force has arisen to keep him from openly flaunting the 1878 Act as currently amended.

However, he is expressly forbidden to use the army, navy, air force’s personnel for domestic policing. I hope we aren’t watching a constitutional crisis in real time here.

@TheLion please correct me if I seem off base here.

For reference:

Section 1385 of Title 18, United States Code (USC), states:

“Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.”

The Posse Comitatus Act (PCA) does not apply to the U.S. Coast Guard, or to the National Guard in Title 32 or State Active Duty status. Although the PCA prohibits only the Army and Air Force as from performing domestic law enforcement activities, another statute, 10 USC Section 275, requires the Secretary of Defense to prescribe regulations to prohibit members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps from direct participation in a search, seizure, arrest, or other similar activity unless participation in such activity by such member is otherwise authorized by law. Department of Defense Instruction 3025.21 implements the prohibitions required under the PCA and 10 USC Section 275.

These laws and regulations generally prohibit U.S. military personnel from direct participation in law enforcement activities. Some of those law enforcement activities would include interdicting vehicles, vessels, and aircraft; conducting surveillance, searches, pursuit and seizures; or making arrests on behalf of civilian law enforcement authorities. Prohibiting direct military involvement in law enforcement is in keeping with long-standing U.S. law and policy limiting the military’s role in domestic affairs.

Evidently there are already some “exceptions” to this version of what was once a very clearly stated principle.

This appears to be mercenary contracts, i.e. whatever Blackwater is called these days, or similar.

1 Like