Priests, politicians, and police officers rape girls in Catholic school

in Baltimore.

100 girls raped and molested. A nun murdered. They get away with it for 50 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khr7dbuBjuE

No one?

I watched the whole thing. Un-be-fucking-lievable. The entire system, cops, courts, politicians, businessmen, everyone, either could not give a shit that the priests were molesting children, or were molesting the girls themselves.

Series was done by the same people who did Making a Murderer, if you watched that. I think this one is better.

Holy shit.

2 Likes

I heard the interview on NPR, infukkincredible.

1 Like

This is a story that’s all too familiar.

Gypsy and I will watch it.

@D_M this may be something for you also

1 Like

We just watched Ep 1 of seven. Not gonna binge watch this – it’s too well done and too fukkin heavy.

Hell, it’s kinda like watching Mystic River again in some ways, really heart rending.

1 Like

Institutionalized celibacy can lead to no good.

It made me want to go murder a couple of people.

Watched Episode 2 this evening. It’s really awful, way more awful than Mystic River because there is clearly a criminal conspiracy of some size, and it’s sickening to think none of those bastards ever suffered any consequences at all.

I don’t think Gypsy will watch the rest of it, although I intend to.

1 Like

I knew from the intro that I wouldn’t be able to stomach it. Bastards.

From the thread title, I now have the Police’s “De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da” running thru my brain, driving me insane

1 Like

I’m on episode 2 right now when I’m supposed to be getting ready for the beach

When those watching it are done, I’d be interested to hear what you think about Koob and Sister Russell.

Episode five and I’m in tears. Her husband’s death has me really emotional.

I knew the Catholic Church was f’d up but dayum.

1 Like

I don’t get NETFLIX. It sounds interesting though.

The comments for the trailer were interesting as well.

I just finished episode seven.

I put my son in catechism when he was 7. The night prior to making his first communion, he had to make his first confession. I was already paranoid ( year 2000 )as this was the year that same church announced it sent a pedophile priest to the Philippines after he abused and impregnated a 15 yr old. My baby was already scared at the thought of being alone in the box so I went in with him. I was kicked out the confession box and took my son with me . He still made his communion the next day. It was then that I decided my daughters would not be making theirs until they were old enough to decide if they really wanted to.

I think Sister Russell knew about what happened to Sister Cathy. Hence her leaving immediately after.

1 Like

Oh, yeah. I think she knew. But I wonder about the night she called Koob and the other guy. Do you think she called them to help her with the cover up (which she may have helped with because Maskell threatened her), or do you really think she called them to help her find Cathy?