Prince has been gone for a year

Yeah, he just played Clapton’s solo by rote…note for note almost. He played it mighty fine, but everyone had already HEARD that solo.

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p240x240/18157315_10159716562605206_7264139565121142797_n.jpg?oh=f33cad85190fc1279b1b6eeb1c44f9fe&oe=598BC617

Too soon?

Saw Prince live.

I’ve seen many a concert…and I mean MANY…since the 1960’s, and he was one of the greatest musical entertainers of our age.

He had everything. He wasn’t generally thought of as a guitarist so much as a conceptual artist, but he was also a guitarist’s guitarist no matter what Billdo says.

1 Like

Nowhere to be found… this is all pop, rock, blues, shit too, no Segovia or Django, etc…

I would put Prince ahead of at least half of the Rolling Stone listing. Although to be honest, I wouldn’t put him ON a Rolling Stone listing because it is well established that their ratings are utter crap.

Joni Mitchell? Kurt Cobain? Joey Ramone?

Prince would blow them away with a piece of string stretched across a shoebox.

1 Like

Great entertainer, singer, songwriter, multi instrumentalist etc… yeah I can give him that but influential guitarist. Nah not rlly…

No, I wouldn’t either…and I didn’t say that. I said that guitarists speak of his guitar playing with respect. And I agree with Lou about the RS lists.

He’ll be on the next RS great guitar player list cause he’s dead.

That’s kinda sorta one of the reasons to disrespect the RS lists.

I’m still grieving. I grew up listening to him

RIP Beautiful One

Happy 60th Birthday, Mr. Nelson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuJN-sY43bQ

2 Likes

:cry::broken_heart:

I heard a story on NPR that Prince’s estate will be releasing an album this fall with previously unreleased material.

I have have heard that prince had gazillions of hours of recordings from jam sessions and him just screwing around, so I imagine it will be like with Hendrix with new “Prince” albums popping up every so often.

Maybe we’ll be so lucky.

I was 4 or 5 when Purple Rain came out. My cousins and I had that movie on repeat til we knew it by heart.

#TheBeautifulOnes

I was about 15 or 16. I remember a 20 something year old co-worker telling I was too young for Prince.

I’m betting George was very happy with Prince’s guitar work on that.

One can only imagine that the jam sessions in the next world are a nothing short of perfection. Considering all the talent that has crossed over.

1 Like