Queen of chess says girls cannot compete with men -- rated 2700

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/12/queen-chess-says-hard-imagine-women-competing-level-men/

If they ban shopping she could be wrong

1 Like

There have been plenty of exceptions to this sweeping generalization.

The average difference in IQ between men and women is 7 points. However that is the average of two different distributions. Men sit higher on the tail ends of the distribution as the genes are essentially disposable they create greater variability as to have a higher breeding success, where women clump around the mean.

In short, men have geniuses women can’t touch, but they also have retards so much lower than women produce. Women tend to be average.

Since genius selection occurs on the high tail end it is disproportionately men who have genius level IQs.

Before someone gets butthurt: I am not calling women stupid, there are lot of men who aren’t geniuses (And the dumbest man is way dumber than the dumbest woman.), and being statistically less likely of being retarded is a big win. But, this is why almost all geniuses are men.

TBH her ability to recognize, and admit, that fact says a huge amount about how intelligent she really is.

I for one celebrate her accomplishments.

Also being average isn’t a criticism. Average produces children efficiently and lose less to random issues. Average is the winning move in darwinistic terms.

Guys, I feel I need to add a note to this. Please don’t get hurt over this, I’m not trolling, I’m not trying to get a rise from people. This is an area that I am passionate about and wish I could fix. I don’t like this. This doesn’t make me happy. In fact this is a huge fucking problem we don’t know how to fix.

At least 10% of the population has an IQ of lower than 85. They are so dumb that the US army made it illegal to induct them as there is nothing they can do that doesn’t cause more trouble. Including donkey labor. They are about 20% dumber than your average useless highschooler. So someone so dumb they can’t move stones for the army needs to find lower IQ work than manual labor in an increasingly complex and intelligent market. Without the capacity to use computers. It’s no cake walk being a man, both genders have ups and downs, and I damn well appreciate the fact I didn’t end up on the low side of the scale. Or colorblind. Or bald. Or… (Only having one of each gendered chromosome One X and One Y means we can fall prey to single gene phenotypes, The list of which goes on and on and on and on. Women need two faulty X chromosomes to produce an effect.).

Being average means women almost entirely miss this drama. That’s not a bad trade for turning out less geniuses.

These are just the way the statistics play out. I don’t endorse this as the way things should be, I am just a scientist and I can only deal with the facts and data.

A comment from the chess forum

Speaking as a Male, the simple fact is this. The reason you see almost all men in the top 100 is because chess is a Male dominated game. Just like how figure skating is a female dominated sport. Some men are really good figure skaters and some women are really strong chess players. But if you have 49 Male chess players for every 1 female chess player, just on sheer statistics and if you drew names out of hat that to determine world ranking, the odds would me extremely high (98 percent) that the strongest player in the world is Male. It has nothing to do with superiority or inferiority and rather it all has to do with numbers and statistics. Just like figure skating. If you have 30000 female figure skaters in the world and 600 Male figure skaters, the odds at any time that the strongest in the world is a Male is extremely slim. Again, not that males are inferior. They are in an extreme minority, which from a sheer statistical and probability perspective, they are at a severe disadvantage.

1 Like

“QUEEN OF CHESS” is quite arguable.

Millennial players of both genders are probably stronger than earlier generations due to the existence of AI as an off-board resource. Also, there is a sustainable argument that FIDE and ELO rating systems have tended to slow inflation over the decades.

I take nothing away from today’s players when I say this. I read the article and don’t disagree with any of Hou’s remarks. However, having won the WWC four times does not make her THE “queen,” nor even necessarily A “queen.”

The only Queen of Chess I recognize today is Judit Polgar, who never even deigned to play in women’s’ events and who retired from competitive play in 2015 but whose ELO is still over 2700, leaving Hou in the fukking shade although Hou is young enough to eventually be a contender for the title.

@Old_Charlie, you should read Polgar’s Wiki if only for the particulars of her family of origin. She is the youngest of 3 sisters, one an International Master and one who (like Judit) is a Grandmaster among male players. Their father set out to create a chess dynasty, and he certainly did prove the adage of Nurture Over Nature.

Any chessplayers should also check Judit’s game against Alexei Shirov from 1992, one of the many ass kickings she doled out to him which few men could do at all. It’s one of her five best games, no doubt.

Before Polgar, the QUEEN was Vera Menchik (1906-1944)