Sad News - Brent is gone

It’s gonna get shut down anyway. Do ya’ll miss fighting with j0ak that much?

3 Likes

Srsly -

God. I was just feckin curious. And I feel bad that he passed, and had such a difficult time in the end.

Oak said that it was definitely not a troll. They had been in touch via email for a long time and he had serious problems with depression lately. She is too upset for it to be a troll. That’s all that I know.

Is the implication that he took his life or was he suffering from a disease (other than depression) that took him?

I wondered if he killed himself. His goodbye note sounds like he may have. Do you know how old he was?

Say hello to Oak for me, and i wish her well. And I’m sorry for the loss of her friend.

1 Like

He had said here that when he or someone in his family got to a certain point in their life, he would not want to be a burden.

Please extend my condolences to Oak as well.

1 Like

Oak didn’t know for sure but she thought that he was in his late 30’s.

Wow. Now, that’s way too young to be so jaded. I thought maybe he was in his 70s or so.

2 Likes

I guess sometimes a soul has to rest.

4 Likes

Ten years ago both Oak and Oddzy were under the impression (or so they said) that he was about 35. I also was under the impression that he was afflicted by some sort of chronic disease, although I never heard any particulars about it.

Not really

Now that you mention it, I do remember him saying he was ill. But he was vague about it.

It reads illness over depression to me.

I have the same recall too, he’d allude to something like a progressive disease. He also hinted around about suicide as a viability. But he said a lot things as we all do, but i think more than most of us he kept his cards close to his chest.

3 Likes

His farewell note kind of got to me.I hate to see someone leave this Earth with the thought that life is meaningless and there is nothing that follows.

I liked Dawg. He was definitely suffering from depression and likely some sort of degenerative illness.

My heartfelt condolences to his friends and family.

3 Likes

i think he posted as one hung lo for a while. i remember on vapors board he had said something about being sick.

He also posted as Chinaskee.

He had no physical maladies. He did suffer from severe clinical depression most of his life. He spoke often here about a person’s right to leave this world. I think most assumed it was a troll. It wasnt.