"Science" catches up to naturopathy: I've been saying this for YEARS

Some of you may even remember.

One in five Americans — about 50 million people in the United States — have an autoimmune disease. These include conditions such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis which occur when the immune system begins attacking the body’s own organs, tissues, and cells. Research suggests that these diseases are on the upswing, with reports showing that Type 1 diabetes, lupus, and celiac disease, for example, are being diagnosed more frequently.

Medical experts are still mystified about what exactly causes autoimmune diseases and why some people are more susceptible to them. But now, fascinating new research shows that your gut bacteria — yup, you read that right — may play an important role.

Get your probiotics, people. They are good for everything, not just autoimmune diseases.

Science has written several articles on gut flora and auto-immune diseases dating back years…

Well, in any case, the article is interesting and I posted it as a public service, not to start a fight. I know now that you don’t like to fight, though, so, weird…

Why is stating what science has published even close to a fight?

Maybe you coulld just read the article and comment on it, you know…

I did read it and I agree with it but it’s science…

There’s always gotta be a but with you. But you don’t like to fight…

No “but” there ^^^ I was just saying science has known this for a while now because I heard it from an MD years ago.

Where’s the fight Lotus?

Consider our exposure to heavy metals. Lead in drinking water, arsenic in well water, mercury in teeth fillings, zinc anywhere metal working went on, etc.

I grew up near a lead/zinc smelter. I have no doubt that it has played a role.

Yeah, there’s a town near mine where they refined lead and zinc for decades. The whole town is a Superfund site, but they haven’t got around to cleaning it up.

They have a notorious rate of AI diseases, multiple sclerosis at the head of the list, but also cancers, muscular dystrophy, ALS, lupus, you name it.

It’s gotten so bad that our high school sports won’t play soccer there, and our youth sports won’t do baseball/softball etc.

1 Like

Same here. Crohns/Colitis is big as well.

1 Like

Okay - located the site for Drs of Complementary Medicine.

Bookmark it.

http://www.acam.org/

Okay girls.
…You’re both pretty.

Honestly - if one or both of you walked in the door, bid your clothes fall off, I would have sex with you. No, really. I would.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t think either of us doubt that. In fact, you might be inclined to fuck an old boot if it walked in naked.

2 Likes

Well then. Check your PMs for a picture of my door.

Checked.

No door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbUv_Tnnl2g

I have Crohns, in case you didn’t know. I think antibiotics have a big part in autoimmune problems and gut flora.

2 Likes