Sessions looks very comfortable

in this pic

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/black-police-chiefs-trumps-law-order-speech-not-054303662--abc-news-topstories.html

Why is race a factor in applying to colleges at all?

Wouldn’t just not asking race solve that problem altogether?

The idea is that since for generations blacks were not allowed on campus, giving them a boost would help level the playing field.

I always thought admission was based on marks (GPA). Get the marks, go to school. What does it matter your colour?

(Excuse my ignorance - I lack a firm grasp of racial issues.)

Sure, ideally color shouldn’t matter. But it do.

So if they didn’t ask for colour, fewer black people would get into post secondary?

Used to be almost no poc were admitted. Has affirmative action outlived its need? Maybe, but i have my doubts.

1 Like

He looks comfortable with his abject denial of reality.

AA is a program in which university places are taken from Asians and given to blacks.

I just don’t understand why an application even asks for race.

1 Like

Not the meetings Holliday goes to…

People against Affirmative Action don’t want blacks and mexicans getting all smart and making us Decent White Folk a minority around here. Why should they complain about asians getting shut out too? They’re just as likely to take over the world as we are.

This is an easy fix - block names and don’t ask for race.

1 Like

Which universities did that? I’ve never seen it. Not ever.

Affirative Action is supposed to be a program that makes up for the substandard education most minorities in this country obtain due to our deep institutional racism. But it’s been nothing but a bandaid. And another good excuse for white male snowflakes to melt down.

2 Likes

Actually the current challenge is not being brought by a white male, but by an Asian guy who was rejected from 7 of 8 ivies despite having a 4.6 GPA or something.

As far as university admissions go I much prefer the Turkish system. Everyone takes a test, and the higher your score the earlier in the line you get to choose your university and department. The test of course could be better, but at least there is no subjectivity involved.

From Hindu to dindu…who here wants to try defending AA after this bullshit?

OMG One guy out of hundreds of thousands tried to cheat, abolish the program!!!

1 Like