Six, PA needs volunteers to

Bush signed the treaty with Canada and Mexico in December of 1992 (his final month in office), and Clinton immediately pledged not to renegotiate it. Less than a year later, on Dec. 8, 1993, Clinton signed the treaty into law. Neither signing was perfunctory or irrelevant. Both were necessary.

Clinton absolutely did sign NAFTA.

Very good, Lotus. That’s what I wrote. Learn to read.
Was “ushered it through…congress” too poetic for you?

So, what that actually says (in invisible ink) is “Bill Clinton signed NAFTA into law, after putting all his energies into getting the votes for it in Congress.”

Gotcha.

That’s what “ushered it through congress” means, miss Eeengliss teechah. :laughing:

“NAFTA signed by Bush 41” means “Clinton signed it into law.” Gotcha. Ya little weasel.

Bush negotiated and signed NAFTA. Here’s him doing it:

http://15130-presscdn-0-89.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/app2000012171261.jpg

Bush ran out of time and had to pass the required ratification and signing of the implementation law to incoming president Bill Clinton.

Here’s Clinton signing it into law:

NAFTA was negotiated by Bush and signed by Bush. It was ratified during Clinton.

Clear as mud?

1 Like

Oh damn it. I forgot the pictures! Thanks Starling.

Don’t go all simple on me. Lotus - not that you can help it.

Bush didn’t sign NAFTA. He signed agreements between the US and two of the other signatories. Clinton got it through Congress, which Bush had failed to do, and Clinton signed it into law. Democrats are always better at passing blatantly conservative bills than CONs are.[quote=“Starling, post:75, topic:17545”]
Bush ran out of time and had to pass the required ratification and signing of the implementation law to incoming president Bill Clinton.

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^

NAFTA passed the House 234 to 200. House Democrats voted against it 156 to 102. Republicans supported it 132 to 43. The sole Independent—Bernie Sanders—voted against it.

^^^^^^^^
That’s where this argument started. Misinformation from Holly Tinyhands.

I already said more CONs voted for it than Dems. That wasn’t my point. I was talking about the evil neolib Clinton. Why are you defending that monster?

He didn’t sign NAFTA, Lotus - no misinformation there. He did usher it through congress. Again no misstatement of facts.

He didn’t sign NAFTA? He just SAID he signed it, and was filmed and photographed signing it, and history shows he signed it, but he didn’t sign it. OK. Gotcha, Holly Tinyhands.

I’m not - I left the Dem party because of conservative policies which started with him and have continue since. You know that.

Why are you claiming he didn’t sign NAFTA?

Lotus, signing the agreement - being a signatory to it, and signing it into law are not the same thing.

There a picture above of him signing NAFTA which he negotiated. That document was then ratified.

I’m not sure where the disconnect is because you seem to be getting it.

/shrug

1 Like

Because he didn’t. Bush 41 did - just as YOUR linked articles state.

She doesn’t like being wrong particularly if it means I’m right. :laughing:

Now do you get it?