Star Wars Total Spoiler thread -- do not read if you don't want the movie spoiled

We went last night. I really enjoyed it. Hub said it was too much like the old ones. I was happy to see all the old characters, though, and I thought they brought the heart back to the series.

But, seriously, WTF were they thinking when they offed Han Solo? Harrison Ford must have agreed to do only one movie.

Do you think Luke is going to be a big part of the next movie?

Oh so that’s what it was? I wondered I’d seen a few references to something that was supposed to be kind of a shock or big deal, hmm…no worries, I wasn’t planning on going to see it in the theater, I’ll probably just stream it online when it hits that market.

Yeah. It was such a disappointment, because his character brings a lot to the heart of the movie.

At twenty million bucks a movie, they could probably only afford Ford once.

:grinning:

Or maybe they just needed the “murder the father figure” moment, which Obi-Wan filled in episode IV, to establish the Dark Side.

I guess, but it pisses me off.

What the hell doesn’t piss you off?

Recently you were pissed off about another tv show, maybe it was GOT.

Do you know how bad of a control freak you have to be to react emotionally to someone else’s artistic expression?

Was Java the Hut in this movie? I loved when John Candy played Pizza the Hut in Space Balls. Classic.

Do you know how bad of a control freak you have to be to react emotionally to someone else’s post?

1 Like

http://distractify.com/entertainment/2015/12/23/beth-kylo-ren-has-angst?utm_content=inf_10_53_2&tse_id=INF_12522e9f46594177bdec3e55d0f06314

1 Like

Are you suggesting we ALL stop posting?

Ford has hated doing Solo since the first movie.

That’s why he was frozen in carbonite at the end of Empire. Lucas did not know if he was coming back for sure.

He did it for the cash and to tie off the character.

Well this type of thing pisses some people off!

Yeah. It figures. Sad, though, because Han Solo was always the best character.

He has been spotted on the set of Episode 8 though. So flashback, ghost, or he isn’t really dead?

And the best character in the original trilogy is the emperor. We’ll have to see if Snoke can live up to him.

Wow. If he’s not really dead, there had better be some really fancy writing to make his continued existence even slightly buyable.

I think he’s dead, and since he wasn’t a Jedi I doubt he can do the ghost thing. So my guess is that if he appears it will be a flashback.

LMAOL
This is my favorite:

holden caulfield knows what it means to commit to a bold choice of headgear and i respect that

Carrie Fischer’s character should die a slows and painful death. She’s a bad actor and now that she’s older, her tits sag.

Off with her head.

Well, Harrison Ford is pretty damn saggy, too.

Well, when he starts draggin on the floor, maybe you’ll appreciate him then.