Superman wannabe crashes and burns attempting to fly off a Swiss Alp

US daredevil Johnny Strange perishes in wingsuit crash
An American flyer has been killed while attempting a wingsuit jump in the Swiss Alps. The extreme sport is considered one of the most dangerous of its kind.

Strange, originally from Malibu, California, had found fame at age 17 when he became the youngest person to ascend the so-called Seven Summits, referring to the tallest peak on each continent.

No respect for the mountain, I tell you. Bad karma.

1 Like

I get these guys, it must be an incredible rush to “Fly like an Eagle”, but it’s clearly very risky.

Yeah. But eagles don’t hit 120mph. They have more sense.

I remember this rich kid when he was doing the 7 Summits thing. There were a few write-ups in the LA Times. He spoke of returning to Everest to paraglide off the summit. I knew then he was a total asshat. Some guy beat him to the punch on that one. Made it about 10 feet and was thrown down the fukking mountain like a rag doll. Paragliding in hurricane force winds doesn’t work real well, I’m sure wind suiting in the Alps isn’t much better. I hope they recovered his Go-Pro so future wannabe asshats can see the footage and think twice,

Another guy decided he was going to ski down from the summit of Everest and another snow board down. Both are now in about 50 frozen pieces on the side of the mountain. What the fukk ever happened to just climbing the godam mountain? That’s perilous enough. I’m glad to see Nepal is putting an end to all of the gimmickry. China/Tibet needs to do the same.

The Golden Eagle’s average dive speed is 150 mph.

At least he died doing what he loved. How many of us can say that?

I can’t. lol O wait yes I can.
At least he died doing what he loved.

Thank Jebus they are going to investigate

Further investigations would be launched, officials said, noting that he
was the second American wingsuit jumper to perish from the peak this
year.

WTF Investigate

2 Likes

I think Strange said it best when he said:

FUUUUC- thump

1 Like

No video - WTF -

Release it

I’m sure his partner will be selling it soon to some news outlet.

Nice thing about all this digital tech is it doesn’t really matter if his Go-Pro hit the rocks at 120mph. The chip will be fine. May have been sending it to the cloud also in real-time. Plus, he had a partner filming from where he jumped, so we should get 2 nice death vids.

Anybody else ever watch any of those old “Faces of Death” videos I think that’s what they were called, this friend of mine just loved those, some of it as you can imagine was pretty gruesome.