Sweet vid of the day

I’m an idiot with a pit bull post of the day is more like it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Recently, I talked to a man who is a dog expert. He has taught obedience to all sorts of dogs for over 20 years. He also practices sheep/animal herding as a hobby with his border collie, second dog now. He knows a lot about dogs.

I asked him about whether the pit bull problem was dog or human (bad owners)?

He said “both”. It is a dog that was bred for aggression and to fight bulls to the death- therefore the dogs were put into pits with bulls, literally. The dog, through breeding, developed a bit where it’s easy to latch on (to a bulls jaw) and very difficult to release. If you can imagine an enraged bull trying to shake off a dog biting its jaw.

The dogs would latch on until the bull bled out. The bulls won when they killed the dog before the dog latched on. (Yes, humans are violent and weird too)

Therefore, the dog is bred to be aggressive and not let go once it starts in on a target. He said a dog that doesn’t have a very strong owner might see a kid or another person in general as a target. If a kid picks up it’s toy or gets in its face…disaster.

The dog is just being it’s natural self, it’s in its DNA to be aggressive.

The owner has to treat the dog like a dog and not like a child/baby or worse yet, be abusive to the dog.

He says humans ruin dogs.

Yes, pits were bred to latch on to bulls, not people or dogs. But they are lovers by nature. I have never met a pit who would latch onto a person because, as all the dog professionals in the video say, pits LOVE people. They have to be trained to attack someone like that.

I wouldn’t mind having a conversation with someone who watched the video. Being a Pit owner, I have talked to way more than one dog expert about pits. They all pretty much say what the folks in the video say. .

Thanks for posting the video. I know that i believe everything that I read from the huffingtonpost. :slight_smile:

Like a pit bull cares, if not properly trained, about the difference.

Jesus.

I don’t think the people in the video are actually affiliated with the Huffington.

JK Lotus Bud. :slight_smile:

Sigh. So many ignorant people in the world.

So many assholes too.