The beatings shall continue, until your love of Country improves

I think I would stab the teacher

It would have to be very personal

God, she looks like the epitome of a nightmare, Nazi gym teacher.

Fuck your slavish pledge, your crappy not much of an anthem and your meaningless flag.

My son got in trouble for refusing to pledge the flag and for recruiting others to join him when he was in kindergarten! LMAO. He figured out young that it was all horseshit.

4 Likes

I was 6 when I figured out CC was bullishit

In first grade in catholic school I looked at all the other kids and asked myself how can they be believing this bullshit - fer real

1 Like

Lot of ex-Catholics feel the same.

I shud scan my First Holy Communion picture

I was cute

1 Like

I grew up in a town that had one Catholic church, one tiny Episcopal church, one Lutheran, one Methodist, about a dozen Baptist and another dozen apostolic and pentecostal and COG congregations. No snake handlers though. I went to the Methodist one because they had a strong ass orchestra and a real organ.

A girl of my close acquaintance discovered a real organ in the choir loft, late one Sunday evening if I recall correctly.

1 Like

Were Tulips on the Organ?

1 Like

Yeah, I had one like that - she used to screw me silly then go sing in the choir then go home to her husband

In the church of MY recollection, the organ loft proper was a much better venue for such discoveries – especially among close acquaintances.

I never had any such experiences in a church. Our PTSD’d, recovering Christian parents never took us to any of the many churches in the towns in which we grew up.

They were fine parents then

1 Like

As a result of my agnostic upbringing and my husband’s recovering Catholicism, our children also never went to church.

I took my son out to dinner once when he was twelve. Just the two of us. He looked at me in all seriousness and said, “Mom, I don’t know if you know this about me, but I don’t believe in religion.” He stopped talking for a second, reconsidered, and then said, “Well, if there is a religion, it’s music. That’s the only thing it could be.”

5 Likes

My daughter and son have decided on atheism and that’s all their is too it. My husband and I are both recovering from Mormonism and Catholicism respectfully.

1 Like

So do you guys just not do religion now, i mean not go to any specific church or what have you?