The greatest voice ever in music, please, come in Aretha

Yeah, but white people bring snakes to church. Top that!

2 Likes

The beeb has a stream too

1 Like

Black churches bring white people on a mission from God. I saw it in this documentary
squarespace

“Aretha never raised her voice, she didn’t have to.”

Like I mentioned before, another mention her voice is listed as a Michigan natural resource

1 Like

OMG, Aretha’s son singing fellow Detroiter Marvin Gaye’s 'Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology), also one of my wife’s favorite songs.

2 Likes

Respect, Detroiter Alice Cooper was just quickly shown in a back pew

I thought Vince was a Phoenix boy?

From Detroit. If Phoenix claims Alice Cooper I dare to say Michigan gets to claim Johnny Cash who moved to Saginaw to work at a GM Plant the day after he graduated HS and started his earliest music thang there. You people suffer enough with me listing Michigan musicians. If I add Johnny Cash everyone will leave screaming

Alice Cooper (born Vincent Damon Furnier; February 4, 1948)[1] is an American singer, songwriter, and actor whose career spans over fifty years. With his distinctive raspy voice and a stage show that features guillotines, electric chairs, fake blood, deadly snakes, baby dolls, and dueling swords, Cooper is considered by music journalists and peers alike to be “The Godfather of Shock Rock”. He has drawn equally from horror films, vaudeville, and garage rock to pioneer a macabre and theatrical brand of rock designed to shock people.[2]

Originating in Phoenix, Arizona, in the late 1960s after he moved from Detroit, Michigan, “Alice Cooper” was originally a band consisting of Furnier on vocals and harmonica, Glen Buxton on lead guitar, Michael Bruce on rhythm guitar, Dennis Dunaway on bass guitar, and Neal Smith on drums. The original Alice Cooper band released its first album in 1969. They broke into the international music mainstream with the 1971 hit song “I’m Eighteen” from their third studio album Love It to Death. The band reached their commercial peak in 1973 with their sixth studio album Billion Dollar Babies.[3] In 2011, the original Alice Cooper band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.[4]

He’s become like a Bill Murray-esque gadfly around Detroit. My godson was up in a box at a Tigers game one night and realizes, Oh hey, it’s Alice Cooper standing next to me. He shows up at Lions games and everyone buys him beers. He shows up in bars. He’s the tiniest man on earth too. I mean he projects well but he’s like a frail old dude now

Cons look, Eric Holder!

1 Like

Nice to have Sen Debbie Stabenow acknowledge John McCain in a nice speech to bridge the two iconic figures

Getting kind of hard to run around the house and get fired up for Michigan State tonight, ya know?

I saw an interview with him regarding Glenn Campbell after Glenn’s death, he and Glenn has become family friends and golf buddies, I thought Allce talked about being a sobriety guy, maybe just from cocaine and 'ludes or whatever he was into, I know in the’r hay days the band was famous for going through a couple cases of Budweiser each show, I don’t know how true that was, may have just been manager hype, like the Stones were hyped as being the “bad boys” to counter the Beatles good boys image.

It was all manager hype back then. Stones management, yep, MAKE them the alternative to the Beatles. Mick got arrested one time and the management made SURE he was shown on TV going into the court building. Malcolm McLaren talked soooooo much shit about the Sex Pistols all those goofs could do was live up to the loutish billing he gave them. Johnny Rotten didn’t set up the boat trip behind the Queen debuting ‘God Save the Queen’ up the Thames where they all got arrested, that was Malcolm’s idea

Touching to see Smokey say goodbye to his oldest friend, Aretha. Kept talking right to the casket as “you” though she was still with him.

2 Likes

Chaka Kahn, Chaka Khan, let her rock you Chaka Khan

1 Like

To my point about Alice Cooper looking creepier the older he gets
Alice%20Cooper%20Los%20Angeles%20Angels%20Anaheim%20v%20sxe9NpIIcQ0l

Gross.

I love R&B. Chaka Khan is great, though not at Aretha’s level.

Aretha was a community organizer with her soul and voice. A civil rights icon that isn’t as recognized for that side of her life.

1 Like