They say 'karma is a bitch' I guess we're about to find out

4 Likes

Republicans will wail and demand recusal.

At which point, garland grins and says, “that has the same legitimacy of a guy who murdered his parents pleading for mercy because he’s an orphan. “

3 Likes

Let’s enjoy this aspect of Garland’s case load while we can. The next appeal jurisdiction after this one is SCOTUS, so it’ll all end up there. And frankly, there are only 2 justices on SCOTUS who owe Trump even the back of their hand, and this isn’t a partisan matter but a constitutional one. So even at SCOTUS, I’m not prepared to believe the fix is in until I see what THEY say.

2 Likes

If I was Trump, I’d offer my taxes in exchange for every single House and Congressional members’.

1 Like

Is there a law specifying that Congress SHALL provide them? Because there is for the President, you know, of the Law and Order party. It astounds me to hear Lindsay Graham telling Dumfukk Jr to ingore a Congressional summons.

FWIW I think there oughta be a law that all top-level members of the 3 branches undergo a Dept-of-State-level BG check including finances.

4 Likes

Actually, per the statute, Congress can ask for and examine anyone’s taxes.

What law is this?

1 Like

The law of the ‘we make them up as we go along party.’:rofl::rofl::rofl:

26 USC 6103 (f) (1):

Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation

Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.<

1 Like

You’ve not been paying attention again, I see, and yet still saying stupid shit.

1 Like

Didn’t the Treasury decline, and basically say “fuck you”?

So if the Treasury declines, then the law suddenly goes away?

Does Boro know that all cabinet level officers in the executive branch can be impeached by the House for contempt? Or that they can also be prosecuted by Justice?

1 Like

Then do it.

:man_shrugging: what are they waiting for