Those of you that haven't been around the boards forever

Dunno. Dun care what color anyone is, to be honest.

I don’t care either…but I do think it’s weird for a person to take on another culture whether it’s Dolezal, Michael Jackson or Joe.

The world is very fluid culturally these days. In Dolezal’s case I think she grew up with a black sibling (both were adopted, I think) and he is a very well spoken cowboy. No mention was made of his basketball skills.

She was grown and out of the house when her parents adopted these kids.

My point being is that anyone can appreciate and admire other cultures without hating themselves. That’s simply pathological.

Well - but that doesn’t prevent people from adopting elements of another culture. That happens all of the time. When I lived in CA back in hippy days it was common to study and experiment with non-American foods, dress, philosophy etc.

I am still an honorary negro in certain parts of the St. Louis ghetto and an honorary Latino in the Pico area of East L.A. I can walk those areas safely without fear of prejudice or reprisal… well, at least as safely as any other negro or Latino.

People are free to do what they want. I think people should be true to themselves and who they actually are…but that’s just my opinion.

So, my daughter’s godmother has an uppity childhood friend that grew up believing she was Spanish because her parents were. And her hobby was looking down on other Latinos…especially the DREADED MEXICANS.

Well, she noticed, as an adult that her birth certificate said “amended” on it. She mentioned it to my friend and my friend jokingly said “they found you under a freeway and kept you.” It was a JOKE.

Her Spanish mom, called my friend’s mom and ranted about how poorly her daughter had been treated. Turns out, yes…she was adopted.

And she was adopted from LA, and is full MEXICAN American… claimed to be devastated. To this day, she puts down Mexicans and hasn’t told her own children that they have Mexican heritage.

So, as my friend is telling me all this…I says, Hmmm…when I see Aurora, can I say “Hola, paisa…”

Slang for “Hey there compatriot!”

My friend said “Oh that’s funny, but she’d meltdown completely”.

Hmmm, Is that supposed to be a disincentive…lol

Speaking of duals, do you still use Norm? With the photo of Norm from Cheers?

People like Aaron Hernandez and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev?

Nope, had a hard time holding the crazy together.

So, what duals are you using now?

So, what duals did you use previously?

It’s only me now.

Norm, and at BY I was also World’s Best Christian, theLolKitteh, HoeMoesExYall, Smoking Hot.

Thanks.

yw, Joe

Joe?

Marcia?

1 Like

It was John Marcia John, not Joe.
Please acknowledge your inadequacy.