Today is World Toilet Day

World Toilet Day is about inspiring action to tackle the global sanitation crisis. Today, 4.5 billion people live without a household toilet that safely disposes of their waste.

2 Likes

I knew from what I’d heard that India was bad, but today the radio said 700,000 people practice open air defecation. By that I mean side of the road, no cover too. There is a lot we take for granted here.

For the first couple years of my life we lived in a shack with a hand pump well and an outhouse… no running water. This was early 70’s.

2 Likes

64% of the population of the world. This surprises me. I knew a lot of places were bad, but I had no idea the number was so high.

And yet it’s well and good that the USA’s #1 concern is to create more billionaires.

I heard this joke - a sad but true one a while back - actually about water. Some aboriginal somewhere hears about American toilets and exclaims “You have so much water you shit in it?”.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AdtR-d2HJQ

1 Like

I saw a show on the TV( it must be true) once and it was said that many people who were used to doing it outdoors preferred to continue to do it that way. It can take time to learn new ways.

1 Like