Trump orders Pentagon to plan military parade in Washington

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-trump-ordered-pentagon-plan-military-parade-washington-003240241.html

Swiped

I can see it now Banners hanging on the tanks for all Trump advertising of his products, Trump water, trump steaks, Trump University, Trump Modeling, Trump Airlines. Oh wait those all went under and TANKED.

4 Likes

FB_IMG_1518035403683

3 Likes

The source is kind of leftist unreliable, but the story is accurate and the general is real AF.

1 Like

I’m blocked from Washington Press at work, I will have to check back later.

He was on Here and Now earlier

He published this statement on the VoteVets website.

"Donald Trump has continually shown himself to have authoritarian tendencies, and this is just another worrisome example.

“For someone who just declared it was ‘treasonous’ to not applaud him, and for someone who has, in the past, admired tactics of everyone from Saddam Hussein to Vladimir Putin, it is clear that a military parade isn’t about saluting the military – it’s about making a display of the military saluting him.

“The military is not Donald Trump’s to use and abuse in this way,” Eaton’s statement continues. “Our military is the very best in the world – they are not to be reduced to stagecraft to prop up Donald Trump’s image.

“Any commander in chief who respects the traditions of the military would understand that. Unfortunately, we do not have a commander in chief, right now, as much as we have a wannabe banana republic strongman.”

1 Like

I just heard that on NPR. Because he has such great respect for the military, he says. LMMFAO

1 Like

Everyone should boycott the damn parade. Including the military.

4 Likes

I wonder if event organizer that did Anwar Sadat’s last Parade is available?

1 Like

1 Like

4 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

LMAO. That is so eloquent!

3 Likes

3 Likes

This isn’t going to actually happen is it?

When you have multiple former service men talking about what a stupid Idea this is, I can only imagine that yes, Trump will do it.

1 Like