Tuna Sandwich

I eat some tuna every once in awhile… I like the solid white Albacore in spring water, starkist I think it is… on a couple pieces of whole wheat bread, then I piled fresh buckwheat microgreens on it… some salt and pepper… the buckwheat micros are the secret ingredient…

1 Like

One of my especialities is a toasted tuna sandwhich, basically just make yer sandwhich then fry it in some olive oil on both sides, mm mmm that’s some good eating

1 Like

Get some sardines

Unfortunately, that’s the tuna with the highest levels of mercury.

The cheap tuna comes from smaller fish that haven’t been exposed as long to mercury. A lot less toxic.

Ooh, a little cheddar in there for yer tuna melt.

1 Like

I used to like to indulge in tuna from time to time. Ended up having to share half the can with the furballs. Would barely leave enough for a sandwich!

But the BP gulf oil disaster and the Fukushima nuke plant disaster have put me off eating anything from the oceans.

I get twitchy when shrimp season starts. I miss those with spicy cocktail sauce.

Once in a great while I break down and have some smoked baby clams or oysters on crackers. But those days are getting fewer and further between.

2 Likes